Sign in to follow this  

broken back/no riding last year/plan of attack for getting my bike ready?

I got a 00 drz400 E. thats stock. It's sat since last june when i broke my back :cry: . I started it every month, but thats it. So i need a plan of attack to get ready for this year :cry: . Im gonna do the JD kit, but what else should i do? Mods and maintenance wise? Im layed off for at least another month, so nows the time.

nope not on the bike, i did it at work. Thank god(I guess), cause my personal insurance is pretty shoddy.

IF you say that you have started it every month....All you should need to do is change the oil, clean the filter, lube the chain...air it up and off you go.

yep, already done that, little spin around the field when the girlfriend wasnt home. :cry: .

But im thinking more about regreasing everything, MCCT? valves, and other stuff i may have missed during my absence( to hard to talk dirt bikes, when you cant ride em!).

I never had it apart when i bought it new in 02. Since im gonna rejet, anything i should do while i got it apart?. Also thinking about putting a kick start kit in it, and fixing the primary(?) shaft little leak that i got.

And i got to change the graphics, they bubbled real bad while in the barn for 8 months.

Plus ive got at least a month more till i can ride it, and im layed off, so i got plenty of time!

I'm not a big fan of leaks...The gasket is really cheap. I would go for it

Since you have the time...it does not hurt to grease the head bearings.

yeah, im not a fan of leaks either, but its so slight i might put it off, if i didnt have soo much time on my hands.

If im gonna check the valves, should i do the MCCT, or is this farther down in the tear down process?

And if i do the MCCT, should i do rings or anything else while its apart? Also where does the install of the kicker kit fit in? Should i do anything else while i have it apart for this?

ive got about 3000 miles on it. I got time/money right now, and would love to get her fresh again.

So... Right now:

Do the steering head bearings

Fix the primary shaft leak.

New graphics(might as well replace plastic, and seat cover :cry: )

kick start kit.

JD jetting kit.

Ive got my girlfriends sympathy right now(She suggested buying a new wr250f to save weight on my back) so nows the time to hit the bank account!