Sign in to follow this  

Free Subframe Any Takers

Someone can have my subframe from my crf450 2004, i found better solution thats been working. So I was wondering how to save some weight so I went to my nearest hobby shop and pickup some balsa wood. I asked the owner what the density was and it was easily .523 alabama strength and enough to hold my weight, fender and seat. I just shave 4 pounds like that. I used the it in my last race and no problems and got the holeshot. I will post picture sup later how to do it. The expoxy seems to work best. I went to a dollar store and got it :cry:

I already have some ideas for the ad in Racer X..

Sorry guys, one my friends came by to get it. But if you want one my balsa wood ones, they are $55.00 dollars.

show us some pictures of this balsa wood subframe, you now have my curiousity going

show us some pictures of this balsa wood subframe, you now have my curiousity going

Didnt someone say in a previous post.....

"There's one born every 10 seconds"

Hmmmmm

I took some Play Doh and molded into a CRF frame....baked in the oven and it came out with a Rockwell hardness off the scale.....I can make more if you guys are interested....they come in pretty red, blue and yellow pastels...

K-Dub just emailed me and wants one....

:cry:

I made an invisible one for my bike. It does not protect my butt worth nothing, but man, is it light!

You guys joke but I sold 15 confirm subframe orders today. And some factories are loooking into it after emailing them yesterday.

How does it survive after a mild crash? Probaly would be DNF time after a slow speed crash. It would have been easier to just lose the 4 lbs off your body. Why dont you try to make one out of drinking straws or popsicle sticks? You might get the local school kids to help you to cut down on the overhead costs. Sugar cubes might work also. Paper mache will work-- I sold some paper mache parts to NASA for the space shuttle for $55.

You guys joke but I sold 15 confirm subframe orders today. And some factories are loooking into it after emailing them yesterday.

Umm.......yea okay. :cry:

Here my first picture. REMEMBER JUST A PROTOTYPE, don;t steal my idea please. I used tompsons to seal the wood, I do need to put some electrical tape or something near where boots wear and seat touchs the subframe. My next verison will use more epoxy to keep these area from wearing.

balsasubframe.jpg

Next time you come up with some innovative, I reply with such harsh comments. Better yet, my bike is now 4 pounds lighter. I just pass you like a fly on the wall. And I throttle a pebble at your goggles and scratch them. Your moma so stupid she take a fishing rod to the fish section in the super market.