Sign in to follow this  

Drilling holes

Where are the best spots to drill holes, if any? I was thinking about the back part of the front fender, like a vented one but costing alot less. I was also thinking about making small holes in the radiator gaurds. Is this a bad idea?

If not, what are some other places to drill some holes?

Thanks...

What are you talking about? Are you doing this to save weight or help the bike cool? Either way it will not make a big difference and only trash your bike.

Yea, like they said. Just use engine ice or two2cool to make it run cooler. But to save weight? But you can drill all the holes you want, and still not save 16 oz. But if you that much into saving weight, get a carbon air box or something. And also if your a fast rider, drilling holes on bottom of fenders, will not do anything for you but knock off some aerodynamics.

I would try the temple to relieve all that pressure...although a labotomy (from the front i guess) would work too. :cry:

Drilling holes in your front fender is ok. Drilling holes in your radiator louvers isnt the best thing to do.

Even though the louvers slow down the air flow it isnt as much as you would think. By drilling holes in them it would creat alot of turbulence. The air flowing through a holes would colide with the air being directed by the louvres.

The best thing to do is to make elongated slots in your front fender. Make sure to deburr them.

:cry: Norman