Sign in to follow this  

Snowmobilers fight to ride

Ahh yes, this is the reason OHVers are losing places to ride. As can be seen by the article, the OHV users are willing to share the land and the selfish greenies are not.

We have to quit playing so nice and start dishing out the same intolerance that we receive from the green types.

<rant off>

"To sit on something and go fast," says Waldear, "is not at all attractive to me."

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

There are people that hold on to the railing there entire lives and there are those that let go and live a little.

This person just wants things there way and there way only. She is a rude SOB. Never was taught to share or have feelings for others once in her life.

I'm VERY SURPRISED that the article left out the FACT that the Sorenson Resort is owned by OHV Commissioner John Brissenden. He's not pro OHV.

JOHN BRISSENDEN

Hope Valley, California

Commissioner Brissenden is the owner of Sorensen's Resort in Hope Valley, an historic, all-season destination resort and conference center that dates back to 1926 and located near Lake Tahoe. He was elected to the Alpine Board of Supervisors and served from 1989 to 1993. Commissioner Brissenden is a member of the Conservation Alliance, the California Chamber of Commerce, and the Sierra Club. He was named by Governor Davis to the Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board In November 2000 Commissioner Brissenden has spent the last 25 years working to secure new public lands for preservation and recreation. He has helped start several non-profit organizations, including the Santa Cruz County Land Trust and Community Foundation. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz.

Ride on

Brewster

I would say that it was slanted towards the green side.

See comments regarding "smog cloud" "noise heard for miles" etc...

I wish they would post the comment from a sledder:

"I was having a great day until I saw this skinny grandma in her spandex skiing down the trail. Nausea soon followed...."

:cry:

I would say it was cleverly one sided.

When the writer describes the snowmobiles I noticed she uses lots of wording like "roared" and "raced" and liked to mention the two stoke smoke and noise.

I would say it was cleverly one sided.

When the writer describes the snowmobiles I noticed she uses lots of wording like "roared" and "raced" and liked to mention the two stoke smoke and noise.

I agree. There were several times when I thought the author let us know where he stood. I thought the part about the snowmobiler helping the skier with the broken leg was ironic.

I thought the part about the snowmobiler helping the skier with the broken leg was ironic.

More like moronic.

How satisfying it would have been to say, "sorry, don't want to choke your buddy with my exhaust" and drive away.

:cry:

PS - Ok, that is a little extreme even for me, but you get my point. :cry:

I used to live in Routt County. Many a time, the 'skinners' would get lost in the hills only to have sleds get them home. Those who know, know. That's all I'm gonna say.