Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone STREET LEGAL-ized one of these cheap China enduro's yet?

Well, there's been threads on these bikes, I know. All you have to do is go to "ebay motors", go under "Motorcycle," then "Other," then sort by "Year: highest First"... and then take your pic. Specifically Im talking about the ones that are 150 - 200cc's, with the full electric start, light kit, blinkers etc.

Anyway, anyone street legalized one of these things yet? I know, Im in CA so Im f'd anyway, but what about the Vermont way? I just got done messaging a bunch of guys on ebay, but It looks like these things don't even have a VIN#! That would definatelly make a difference.

Since no VIN, it may be necessary to do like a multi step process. You may have to get some kind of 'dirt registration' first. Then from there get street plates.

Anyone got any help for this. Seems like a good way to get my Girl to start riding, and have an extra bike for a buddy bike.

Thanks

Jeff

Well, there's been threads on these bikes, I know. All you have to do is go to "ebay motors", go under "Motorcycle," then "Other," then sort by "Year: highest First"... and then take your pic. Specifically Im talking about the ones that are 150 - 200cc's, with the full electric start, light kit, blinkers etc.

Anyway, anyone street legalized one of these things yet? I know, Im in CA so Im f'd anyway, but what about the Vermont way? I just got done messaging a bunch of guys on ebay, but It looks like these things don't even have a VIN#! That would definatelly make a difference.

Since no VIN, it may be necessary to do like a multi step process. You may have to get some kind of 'dirt registration' first. Then from there get street plates.

Anyone got any help for this. Seems like a good way to get my Girl to start riding, and have an extra bike for a buddy bike.

Thanks

Jeff

Sounds like it would be easy to call it a custom built bike if it has no vin, and they couldn't possibly recognize the manufacturer even if you told them. So there you go....you made a bike!

Sounds like it would be easy to call it a custom built bike if it has no vin, and they couldn't possibly recognize the manufacturer even if you told them. So there you go....you made a bike!

Good call, I thought of that, it's just that costs like $400 or so right? Yeah, I guess Im a cheap ass, but I was just looking for a cheaper way to do it...

Good call, I thought of that, it's just that costs like $400 or so right? Yeah, I guess Im a cheap ass, but I was just looking for a cheaper way to do it...

Confucius say: "Man who holds dollar tightly, drives with bike straped in pickup"

Just got a couple emails back from the sellers on ebay;

2 sellers said that there are VIN #'s on the bikes and they will give them to me tomorrow. I asked if they are sole with any kind of bill or sale?

Is there a way to get a green sticker or red sticker from these things??? Damn, been in the Street Lic. thing for so long forgot how that works, but can I at least get a red sticker for a 4 stroke????

Guess I'll do a little searching

Don;t waste your money, seen a few up close..not wortht he bucks..just spend like 600 on a beat up 125 smoker and it will trounce one of those things and still last longer after spotting it a decade of use.