Sign in to follow this  

Ignition Circuit trouble

First the bike would die occasionally if the throttle was opened past 1/4 turn. Would start right back up and run as long as throttle was kept near idle. Swapped cdi boxes with another bike and would run fine for awhile, but the bike receiving the "bad" box would never act up. Now it acts like the rev limiter kicks in at about 1/2 the rpms it should. Cranks easy, runs strong as long as rpms are kept down. Swapping cdi boxes now causes no change. Possible bad stator, coil ? Anyone else had similar symptoms?

I have had trouble that is similar. I posted it last summer or fall. The bike would quit once a week or so, usually after landing from a jump or after a rocker section the bike would bog and die when the throttle was reapplied. The bike ran great otherwise. I dumped the vent hose check valve, then I wrapped the exhaust pipe to keep the heat away from the carb, then I had a "real Kawi" mechanic check the float bowl level.

The bike didn't "die" again till the snow came, I'm not positive I cured the problem (if it's cured) or if it just went away. This spring will tell the whole story.