Sign in to follow this  

ever order crank tool from yamaha??

I'm trying to figure out the price of the crank installing tool listed in the service manual but the part # comes up invalid . I even called Ronnies and had no luck... One of the numbers is YU-90050/90890-01274, Ive tried all variations and got nowhere. anyone....buhler

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring bananna phone :cry:

O&A- spread the virus

I don't know, but the crank on my 250f slid into place quite easily. Just needed a light tap with a rubber hammer. No where near enough to throw things out of balance. My guess is you will be ok doing it this way.

:cry:

Been there done that. Most part numbers you can find on the internet usually don't work in the "stealers" computers. I wanted a flywheel puller for my 250f, so I called with the number I found...no dice. So they looked one up for me, a week later I go in to pick up my tool and what greets me....a puller for a warrior!! Fabulous, after walking past the useless parts staff I went right back into the shop and talked to a mechanic and explained my story. They let me borrow their puller.

Anyways, the good news for you is you don't need a special tool to remove or install the crank, a careful tap with a rubber mallet will do!