Sign in to follow this  

Gas Gas 450 FSE

How is the 450 FSE in the woods? I'm sure it's plenty fast but how is it at the lower rpm on the technical stuff?

Also if you have some good links for it please post em.

thanks!

:cry:

I had the motard version and loved it. It had a faulty oil line, but otherwise, no problems.

I've Still Got An '03 400 And I'm Sure Most People In Here Know My Feelings About It :cry:

I have an 03 FSE400 and I love it.. Best Bike I have ever owned soo far. I ride tight techy stuff in Michigan.. We had a break in weather last week so I put some more miles on it.. So far noo problem.. Super smooth power.. nice geometry.. Best bike I have had in the woods... Not as light as my husky or KTM but still great.

Once the bike is warmed up it will start with one kick on the kickstarter.. I have been told this doesn't work but it does for me..

Only complaints.. Rev limiter way too low, weird kickstand design, lots of Dual Sport junk to streamline.. I still dual-sport the bike but I threw away the factory wiring harness.. Way too confusing.

I have an 03 FSE400 and I love it.. Best Bike I have ever owned soo far.So far noo problem.. Super smooth power.. nice geometry.. Best bike I have had in the woods.

Once the bike is warmed up it will start with one kick on the kickstarter.. I have been told this doesn't work but it does for me..

Only complaints.. Rev limiter way too low.

Thats Not How I'd Describe My One :)

Must Have Gotten Myself A Friday Before The Holdidays Bike :)

Worked great in the woods for me when I was up in Washington - the EFI provided for great tractoring...very forgiving in the tight, sloppy, snotty stuff.

Scott

For those thinking that the FSE is very heavy, I weighted it last week and compared it to other bikes...I was surprised

All bikes weighted with the same technic, racing trim and half gas tank.

Honda XR200R 1984 ....110 kg

KTM 300 2st 2002 ....110 kg

Yamaha WR 450 2005 .....116 kg

FSE 400 2002 .........120 kg :) (60 front 60 rear)

Even if we can discuss on the precision of the technic (bath scale one tire at a time) doing it at the same time in the same way, shows that the FSE is very close to the WR.

Its funny because after that I went riding and the bike felt lighter...incredible how important the mind is in the enduro.

rsuarez

when i was over in the uk i picked up a mag called motox magazine the januray issue has a write up on the 2005 FSE you might be able to get a back issue from "motorsport" (636) 488 - 3113 there in jonesburg MO the issn# is 1479-7372. :)

here's a quote from thee article. "what you immediately appreciate with the FSE450 is the literally flawless fuelling from the fuel injection. throttle response is allways immediate. the kind of carburation we all need to experiance at least once". :p:)

Hallo!

I have an 450FSE 2004 2900km.

The spare parts availability is good.

The suspension is very good but the fork is also with new harder springs to soft.(80kg)

The engine is me to weak for an 450 engine.

The workmanship and the fit of some parts are very bad.(for examble plastics,injection,electrical installation, link system, exhaust)

The radiators are very weak although I use protectors.

With valves I had no problems.

After an unmeant stop the engine starts very very bad.

The fuel consumption for an EFI Bike is too high.

And the clutch makes also many problems.

For an 8000€ bike there are to much little problems.

I'm badly disappointed of the GG 450 FSE quality!

Do I own a monday Bike?

Can someone tell his expierience with the 05 Model?

Bye

Klaus