Sign in to follow this  

TrailTech Endurance odometer

does any one have the TrailTech Endurance odometer , and is it worth?. and should i buy the protective case for the extra 50 dollar or more.??

I just ordered one yesterday, it should be in by the end of the week. I'll let you know.

Also if you don't want to spend $80, get a bicycle computer. One that lets you input the circumference of the tire, so you get accurate speed and mileage. The down side might be that the display is not as large.

Bill

i have one works pretty good. i like it. i had mine mounted with the plastic that comes with the kit for a while. Worked fine, no damage or anything. I got the aluminum mount because i was getting annoyed because i had to use two hands to press the buttons when it was mounted with the plastic mounting hardware, as the plastic would bend a little bit.

another little bit of advice...be VERY careful not to over-torgue and snap the head off the magnetic rotor bolt if you decide to get it...i wont go there :cry::cry:

another little bit of advice...be VERY careful not to over-torgue and snap the head off the magnetic rotor bolt if you decide to get it...i wont go there :cry::cry:

Thanks for the advise, my luck I would have done the same thing.

Bill

Defiantly get the aluminum housing - offers great protection and it looks cool :cry::cry:

I have had one for several years and it has gone through everything and keeps on ticking. Super customer support also !

I had one on my Trail Whale for a several years, and the sending unit finally gave up the ghost. I have not ordered another sending untit so I took it off the bike, the odo reads over 3500 miles of 100% off road use. So it has been though just about every type of abuse you can put it through from being submarined, to having so much mud packed in the bike it cost over $10 at the car wash to get the mud that was packed into EVERYTHING off the bike.

The Aluminum protector is worth it, and get the one that mounts to the bar clamp because it will work on any bike with any tripple clamp. They are made tougher than the typical bicycle computer, and there is more electrical shielding on the line from the sensor to the computer to minimize any affect of the ignition system using the bike as a ground.

A solid unit that will not last forever but will not owe you much by the time it dies.