Sign in to follow this  

This is it...[the time of decision]

Ok, the two bikes in consideration are the honda CRF230F and the YZF250... (background info) trail riding and starting on MX tracks- riding for one year ;

Ok now, which bike should and get? Which one will pay off more in the end and take beatings ocasionally on the MX track... Iam not sure about the YZF250 directly because of its cost which is some serious buck-a-roonies.. But if it is really what i am going to end up needed why not get it now... I'am sure the YZF250 is just as reliable as the 230F, am i right?

If you have anything to add about either bike such as how it handles, power, and or suspension please feel free to add.

many thanks for your all's input

:cry: #14

first of all 150 to a yz250 is a huge leap. and it all depends 230 will do fine in woods not so fine on the track, a 250 will be perfect for the track. but a beast in the woods. i would go for the 230 thats only beacuse i have one and its never let me down exspect on the track.

None of the high performance four strokes are as trouble free as the air cooled Hondas. Yamaha has arguably the best motor out there but there is going to be more maintainence.

Hey Dirtdaddy! Reboot your computer right now & don't respond to this thread. Just walk away & nobody will get hurt. :cry:

if your looking at doing both mx and trails. well the 250 2 stroke is going to be A LOT to handle in woods. but the two really dont compare, in motor, suspension, handling, weight, or anything. not bashing honda, its just one is a beginning/trail bike and the other is a full mx bike. you do realize that the yz250 costs about double the 230 right??? i think for you the kdx200/220 would be perfect. or take a look at all the 250 fourstrokes. you can ride them in woods easily, and theyre meant for the track. two strokes, can be hard to mandage in the woods. but if its maintnance, well the two stroke maintnance is much cheaper, but theyres more of it. they are a bit more finiky and everything. the four stroke mx bikes, are less over maintnance, but if you have a big engine problem its much more expensive.

if your looking at doing both mx and trails. well the 250 2 stroke is going to be A LOT to handle in woods. but the two really dont compare, in motor, suspension, handling, weight, or anything. not bashing honda, its just one is a beginning/trail bike and the other is a full mx bike. you do realize that the yz250 costs about double the 230 right??? i think for you the kdx200/220 would be perfect. or take a look at all the 250 fourstrokes. you can ride them in woods easily, and theyre meant for the track. two strokes, can be hard to mandage in the woods. but if its maintnance, well the two stroke maintnance is much cheaper, but theyres more of it. they are a bit more finiky and everything. the four stroke mx bikes, are less over maintnance, but if you have a big engine problem its much more expensive.

Its a YZ250F.... the four stroke that i am considering... not the two stroke. :cry:

then why didnt youy put a f at the end :cry:

your 150 is like scooter . a yz250f is like a rocket ship. big differnce

then why didnt youy put a f at the end :cry:

your 150 is like scooter . a yz250f is like a rocket ship. big differnce

YZF250.... the F was in there Xcept in the front... So in your opinion YZF over CRF?

First of all...well, umm...I can't call you by your name so for now on your NJ. You have no idea what your talking about, I went from a 150 to a 250 with no problem. A 150 to a 230 would not be much of a decision, your going to basically spend the extra few bucks for the same bike except new, with a few more ponies. So if you like what you have now, and you want an E-start and maybe an extra little push, then go for the 230. TTR125LE, first of all, you ride a TTR, second of all, you have never ridden (even if you have, it doesnt matter) a 230 or 250. You come into the Honda forums and make lame posts. I've told you more then just a few times, why take up space on my computer screen? Your really not much help at all. So back off a bit until you know what your talking about. Now back on subject, the 150 is a great little bike, the 250, is a great BIG bike. CRF or YZF, they are both good, I'm not going to get into the whole reliability factor, I think it's just personal preference. So onto the 250F. Trail riding, it's a four-stroke, it doesn't have to be in a power band the whole time, so it can run at low RPM's in the trails. It may be a bit noisy, but nothing too serious. I run mine lik 60% trails and 40% track (this year it will be 100% track) but I have no problems. I think the next step in a bike would be the YZF or WR (or CRF/R or X). I think it would be a mistake to just buy a 230. Any bike can be run on a track, it all depends on the rider, CRF150F (the kid with the White and Black plastics) happens to be INSANE on the track, take a look at the video. But his bike is far from stock. My suggestion would only be the 250F!

TTR125LE, first of all, you ride a TTR, second of all, you have never ridden (even if you have, it doesnt matter) a 230 or 250. You come into the Honda forums and make lame posts. I've told you more then just a few times, why take up space on my computer screen? Your really not much help at all. So back off a bit until you know what your talking about.

:devil::cry: YEA.......what he said. :cry::cry:

Red_rider, it's good to get other peoples opinions, but all the bikes out there are personal preference. Some like red :cry: , some like blue :cry: . Get the bike that you would feel most comfortable on and that would suit your riding style. If you do MX get a MX bike, if you do trails get a trail bike. Enough said.

Good luck in your decision.

Cheers, :devil:

Get the 250, i swear it will be the best decision of your life, i chose the 230, and i am still paying for it litterally, i am still spending big money trying to get it to be a decrnt bike for a 160lb rider (me) seriously the 250 is worth your money.

Yeah, I'm literally paying for our 2nd CRF230, and will until it's paid off! :cry:

So you mean the whole time I've been riding my CRF230 I have NOT been having fun? Funny, I really thought I was! Shit, I wish you would have told me this two years ago! I wouldn't have had so much fun! Now i have to go back and try to remember how NOT to have fun on my little CRF230!

You guys are amazing................... :cry:

yo DD can you keep the BadWords on the DL.... iam planning to show this to my father and want him to know this is a good site and helps me out alot.. Considering you help me out alot too. :cry:

all posts are gone!.... oh no, if you all could help me out and post again or something new in my deciding days ..... :cry:

YOu strong enough to handle the arm stretching hit that these produce ?

I could only hold onto my CR500 for about 15 minutes. But oohhhh, what a rush ...

I have both a CRF230 and a CRF250X. Both are great bikes, which I would recomend to anyone. However, they are completly different bikes.

CRF230: Easy to ride. Little to almost no maintenance. Cheaper aftermarket parts. Above and beyond....Way less $ off the showroom floor.

CRF250X: Big power difference..Stock. Much better handling....Stock. Much more attention to maintaining it...Stock Finally, $6,000 plus...Stock.

Either way, you will be Riding Red, which is......Priceless!.......(go ahead Yammer Hammers, I gave you that one).

I have both a CRF230 and a CRF250X. Both are great bikes, which I would recomend to anyone. However, they are completly different bikes.

CRF230: Easy to ride. Little to almost no maintenance. Cheaper aftermarket parts. Above and beyond....Way less $ off the showroom floor.

CRF250X: Big power difference..Stock. Much better handling....Stock. Much more attention to maintaining it...Stock Finally, $6,000 plus...Stock.

Either way, you will be Riding Red, which is......Priceless!.......(go ahead Yammer Hammers, I gave you that one).

Iam looking for the blue bike :)

hell i went from a 230 to a crf250r, best decision of my life, i rode my friends yz250f but just dont like it, the crf imo is better in probly every aspect except the seat but thats only because he shaved his and its flatter. why not a crf250? why are you only looking at yamahas? sounds kind of nieve to me unless you have a good reason not to get a honda. Don't even bring up the valve thing because the 05's have reported allll good. And about the yz250f same maintenence as a 230? thats just straight up ignorance right there. consider the crf250x/r both are great bikes and i would chose it (hell i did chose it) over a yamaha or a 230.

just whatever you do, don't get a 230.

and hey, you can keep your screenname if you get a crf