Sign in to follow this  

Icon 90X Jetting (If Interested)

First off, mad props to D-Dub for the tips (from Planet Mini's).. Turns out the 20mm stock carb on the Icon 90X onld had a 75 jet in it and wasn't getting enough gas. Thus causing the bog..

I took out the main Jet and had the Local Yamaha shop look at it (closest dealer).

The stock Main in the Sheng Whey carb was a 75 jet.

Keihin carb jets are the same as Sheng whey.

They matched it up and I got 78, 80, 82 and 85 jets.

I put in the 80 Jet and the bike runs bitchin with Zero Bog..

Put the needle on the middle notch.

Turned out the air screw one full turn from closed.

But I am a little mad..I dropped $175 while I was there..(including jets) They actually had a brand new I-shock (non res) in stock from a special order that never got picked up. They sold it to me with 30% off.. haha Bikes sweet now.

One thing though, after the jetting it feels like I lost a little top end. I have to shift sooner now where as before I could just rev it out. any idea's?

Dude I don't know what carb came on your bike but all the jets at all of the dealers I've been to all are way too big. One of the local shops here went into a old jetting parts bin to find me a larger jet. Hooked me up at no cost but these carbs are HARD to find jets for, good luck.

The carb on my 90x was a 20mm Sheng Wey Carb (same as Kehin)..

The jet inside was a 75... I put in an 80 jet and the bike runs perfect..

I had no problem flinding the jets at a local Yamaha shop (not even a Honda shop).

I know of at least 3 other people that have done the same. One of them even put in an 82 main jet because he had the big bore exhaust on his bike.

My bike runs perfect now.. The 20mm carb is too small for the 86cc Icon 90X that comes with it as is the 75 main jet inside.

Do you live in a small town where parts are hard to come by?

They even sell a trail bike jetting set for $10 at the Honda dealers that all fit the carb and are all the correct sizes you need.

I live in st louis so we've got ok parts, not cali type of parts but ok. Every single type of kehin carb jet that the dealers had was way too big. I went to honda, yamaha, suzuki and finally found it in a old parts bin at a kawi dealer. Some of the parts guys were big fiddy guys and they haven't seen a main jet this small. I'm talking about thread size. I'd like to know a part number for one of your jets so I can take it to dealer and see whats up.

But i did put in my used jet and MAN does this thing haul, now