Sign in to follow this  

Torn plastic

Hit a tree last wk/end and busted up my right side rad shroud. It tore the plastic a little right above one of the fastener holes where it screws it to the tank. Anyone have experience glueing dirtbike plastics. Is it ABS type, would epoxy work best along with a scabbed on piece maybe? Thoughts appreciated.

ok, here's how you do it. Take a drill with small holes. Then, drill holes on each side of the crack. Take some small zip ties and connect the holes together. This is how a temporary fix should be done properly. Put the actual zip thing on the inside, that way it is pretty flush on the outside. You can also buy zip ties the color of your plastics. :cry:

Hit a tree last wk/end and busted up my right side rad shroud. It tore the plastic a little right above one of the fastener holes where it screws it to the tank. Anyone have experience glueing dirtbike plastics. Is it ABS type, would epoxy work best along with a scabbed on piece maybe? Thoughts appreciated.

Dude, just bite the bullet and buy a new rad shroud.

ok, here's how you do it. Take a drill with small holes. Then, drill holes on each side of the crack. Take some small zip ties and connect the holes together. This is how a temporary fix should be done properly. Put the actual zip thing on the inside, that way it is pretty flush on the outside. You can also buy zip ties the color of your plastics. :cry:

What he said. But use wire and safety wire pliers, gives it a nice frankenstein look :cry: I've fixed many a cracked fender this way