Feb 26/27 Clear Creek TT Norcal (unofficial) weekend is a GO!

Just an update on a planning post made a few weeks ago by Crashlanding and I. WE are still go for the last weekend in Febuary- Sat & Sunday Feb 26/27 for a campout and ride weeknd with our Thumpertalk comrades.

I have seen several posts and received several PMs by interested people.

Committed so far is:

Me & boomer

Crashlanding (and his family?)

Peakrider

Superslyco

DomenicWTF - I believe

Cisco?

others? blue, heckler, thumperdad...etc etc Families are welcome. this is just a regular weekend of riding and camp fire fun...

Lots of time yet, no need for a roll call or nothing.......this is just a heads up post that we are still planning this CC weekend for Feb 26/27. Only a last minute bad weather scene would cause us to re-think the date .... and that we won't know till that week. We have been keeping March 6/7 open as a rain check. We can't go earlier because the QS enduro is Feb 20 the week before.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to Clear Creek since I broke my collarbone in 1980! Always had a hard time wanting to go back because I'll never forget that 10 mile ride back to the truck. Time to overcome my demons, so my son and I will be there if you guys will put up with us!

I haven't been to Clear Creek since I broke my collarbone in 1980! Always had a hard time wanting to go back because I'll never forget that 10 mile ride back to the truck. Time to overcome my demons, so my son and I will be there if you guys will put up with us!

sure come along........ the first day, Sat morning I will be very accomodating with trail maps and provide anyone who wants it some guiding around the area and point out the many double wide easier trails for either kids or mild achievers,,,,,, by afternoon Saturday.....I'll be seeking some single track and ready to follow the big boys around of which I allways seem to be the slowest. But clear creek has plenty of stuff for all to enjoy.

all are welcome. We will be staging at Oak Flat Campground. that's the first staging area in from the main road. plenty of room for big rigs, small rigs and tents.

need a link go here and scroll down for more info and directions

http://www.salinasramblersmc.org/clearcreek.htm

I might be there on Sun. - I will be skiing the whole week of the 26th - so it depends on how I feel after that. ?

Blue and Cisco

You guys are killing me - I have never seen two guys buy more bikes in my life - you bastards. ?

Man , if I only had a bike the kept breaking!! ? Then maybe my wife would "make" me get a fresh ride - my old girl is getting a little worn around the edges. ?

dp

I hope you guys don't mind a newbie tagging along on your camping weekend at CC... I will try to keep up! ?

My neighbor is thinking about coming along to do some hiking and exploring (he doesn't ride). Is CC a good place for this?

I hope you guys don't mind a newbie tagging along on your camping weekend at CC... I will try to keep up! ?

My neighbor is thinking about coming along to do some hiking and exploring (he doesn't ride). Is CC a good place for this?

No I don't think CC is good for hiking or wandering at all.....I know that seems odd but it's along story why ...........it just is not set up that way. Not recommended for your friend, he will be camp bound

come along if you want.

so far I think only Crashlandings family is coming..but Familys go there all the time..the creek is nice and the camp site is fun enough for small kids....... .... I'll have Boomer, my Golden Retriever, with me. Do your kids like dogs? he is a sweetheart with kids.

well YOU know all this onelugnut..I read your post not your name at firsts

Nope not gonna make it. Didnt realize how soon that was. Anyway, have fun dudes. Thats just too dam far for me for a weekend. Im drving 300 miles round trip for my desert races, thats all I can take for now. Plus Im broke as hell from the new bike and bills and new at work trying to get up to speed..... ? I know theres more excuses...cant think of em though.

I boils down to.....no $$ for a trip like that. Sorry guys.

Ohhhh someday Ill make it to CC.