Where are the Yoshimura slipons for the rmz450?

Has anyone got one yet? Not even the Yoshi site shows them yet. They don't respond to email. They are the only company that offers the removable db plugs and spark arrester that I can find so far, but nothing for the RMZ450! I am going to need one before March since I will be taking this bad boy to Hollister CA for a week....

Please, if anyone has one, or knows where I can find one, please send or post a link.

This is crazy, I don't want an FMF since they don't have the removable core, Procircuit don't even mention the DB level for these, and the rest are similar. HELP!

Thanks. I did some reading there. I dont see an rs1, but I do see an rs3. The rs3 doesnt mention spark arrester but has the USFS symbol near the photo of the silencers...they dont mention db level however. The Yosh official site says they offer insertable spark arrester and 2 different db level inserts. What do you have exactly? Do you have a spark arrester insert and or db level inserts with your rs1?

I also noticed that on this site, they have other brands that point out the db thing.

Thanks for the link and info.

Mike oh ya thats what I have the rs3.. It came with a spark arrestor and noise thing..I did not order anything extra for it.. here is a picture

IMG_1224yoshi.jpg

I paid $320 I think shipped. The picture on the motosport and yoshi site show a different looking silencer but this is what they offer for the bike that I have in the picture

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my Yoshimura exhaust system for my RMZ450 but I do not know what to set the jetting to. the KId behind the counter told me to go one size up on the main and the idel and not to touch the needle. Is this right? I will put it on tonight but will hold off on the jetting untill I here some feed back from Yoshimura and or some of the readers.

RS3 is on its way, it was backordered for a few days. Cant understand how hard it is to find one of these. FMF and a few others are all over the place. I really had my heart set on Yosh as I had one on my GSXR a few years ago. Sound and performance both were an improvement with that header and muffler setup. IS yours just the slip on or do you have the midpipe too? Do you feel much improvement? IS the silencer louder or different then the stock silencer with the spark thing out? Is it noticably quieter with the spark thing in? Good to hear no re-jetting is needed too. I dont want to make any major changes or minor ones at this point to my bike. The thing runs so damn strong and clean I dont want to introduce any problems or changes. Sorry for all the questions. Im stoked about this bike and the Yosh slipon. Should be here Tuesday! Thanks for pointing out the web site. I could not find one by searching the web without that link. Good price, free shipping etc. Pumped! Damn this rain in Central California though!!!

Mike I felt it broadened out the power and gave it more mid top pull.. I only have the slip on I did not feel I needed the header, I wanted to try a slip on first to see and save the money for my suspension. I think you will be happy with it, only thing I dont like about the pipe is the stinking sticker wrap they use now instead of the metal tag. My sticker is messed up a bit already.. I will take it off soon and just run it bare.

Thumper, if you take the 3 screws out of the back you can slide the screen and noise reduction (built together) out. It just comes right out, I can tell you it DOES rob power from the bike.. I rarley ride trailes but wanted to break the bike in and that was the only place to go that was dry (er) at the time , I rode it twice with that thing in it and then I went out to hangtown to ride the track and rode a moto and came in , I forgot about the insert so I took it off and then went out.. It is way better with out, all around power increase... If you ride track ever take that thing out it trust me ?

Norcal Hoss

Thanks for the tip. I will ride with it in for around the house because of the loud DBs it puts out, but when I hit the new track they built here in the High Desert this weekend I will remove it. Have a good weekend and remember,

"Fear causes hesitation...and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true"

I love that saying.