[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

What say You??

Just picked up a 94 XRL with 6k on it. My question is this. I am going to Moab next month and thinking about having the shock and forks serviced before I leave. Good Idea?? Nothing is wrong with them (IE leaking) but I dont want to get out in the middle of the desert and have a problem. Anyone ever blow out a rear shock?? I was kinda figuring that with the age of the bike that it mite be a good Idea to service these. Or should I just not worry about it. I am a some what " If its not broke dont fix it" kinda guy. What say You??

T

Hi,

leave it alone.....I never blew a shock on a XR!!!.....but I bent the frame joint where the shock is fixed to the frame!......you see, the shock and the fork will take a lot of abuse!!!!

Well I decided to play it safe. Pulled everything last night and dropped it off at the shop this morning.

Hayden

94 L