crf 50 rear brake on bars

hey i have been looking to put the brake on the bars!! can u just make your own? would getting a clutch perch and a clutch cable work for the rear brake? where could i get a cable and a perch for the convertion!! i don't want to buy the kit cause it comes with bars!! i have the bars already just need the perch and cable!! so someone out there has to know how a cheap way to move that dang brake up there!! i hate the lever down there its useless!! can't get to it!! and i hit it on the track sometimes!! plus it drags with i turn lay the bike down on fast corners!! HELPPPPPP!!!!!!

It's not the lever and cable thats a problem, it's the contraption that holds the brake cable liner by the s-arm. If you know how to weld it shouldn't be too hard. You could get a little piece of pipe, maybe 1/2" long, fat enough to where you could slide the cable housing in. Then you would need to cap 1 end of the pipe with a piece of metal or just fill it in and drill a hole the size of the actual cable and then cut a slot in the whole thing so that you can drop the cable in just like the cable adjuster on the front brake. Weld it to a bracket and mount it to the frame and you're done. Of course you'll still need the lever and cable. hope this helps ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's actually really simple. Go to your nearest Honda dealer and order part#43460-958-680 (it's a frt cable for an old honda 3 wheeler). Also order a lever (parts unlimited #43-1101L). I just took off my pedal because it was dragging. Run the cable down the spine of the frame under the tank and down to the swingarm. Maybe I should mention that my bike has tall bars and 2 1/2" extended swinger. Anyway, use the stock spring and thread it onto the cable. I'll post pics as soon as possible. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

50stunt.com has the whole kit for a good price, the instructions are a bit lame , but the owner called me personally and took me through it, .sure makes for good long wheelstands (with feet on pegs) or not then you can always bring the front down its really neet to play with a must have for a begginer learning the art of the wheelstand..................Joe

I made my own swingarm cable mount for my BBR Super Pro and used the Fast 50's brake cable, around $45 delivered, and a generic clutch lever assembly. The only problem I found was that when the brake gets hot it tends to stick "on." I fixed this problem by welding a piece of steel on to the stock brake arm that is attached to a spring which is in turn attached to the swingarm. This extra spring makes sure that the brake cable returns all the way and doesn't make the brake drag.

For indoor short tracking on concrete, especially when you go clockwise, rear hand brakes are the only way to go. I like mine for moto and trail riding much better than the foot pedal I used to run, which as others mentioned was always dragging on the ground. I'm surprised more people who still have autoclutches on their 50's (and 110's) don't run them!!