Sign in to follow this  

confidence ???

Some resion my confidence is down, and I dont know how to bring it up. Alot of people just tell me dont worry, I ride fast as it is. I am pretty sure they dont know me or the level I want to suceed. I take motocross %100 serious. Right now I feel my confidence to bigger jumps is down. I hear it so many times,friends tell me that they know I can do it, all it just MENTAL. I have found myself more confidence than other days or tracks.

So I am just wondering how can I build up my confidence or go behond that mental block I have..... :cry:

maybe try listening to some confidence inspiring music. Music always helps me somthing that will make you want to go out there and get shit done i know?

So I am just wondering how can I build up my confidence or go behond that mental block I have..... :cry:

Sounds like you've hit "the wall" as they say in other sports. That place and time when you just can't seem to get any better and in fact seem to be going backwards with your skills. The harder you try, the worse you seem to get.

Just a suggestion... try backing off on your riding (training) for a few days. Instead of being so focused on what's NOT working, try riding easier and working on something that IS working right. Maybe you're nailing your turns or whoops or something. Point is, you're approaching mental burn-out and you need to relax and make it fun again.

Instead of pushing even harder - relax and pull back for a few days, a week, whatever it takes. Your body and mind will tell you when it's time to push the envelope again. And one day soon you'll finish a ride and realize you just hit that double you've been casing or cleared that impossible tabletop.

Relax... in through the nose, out through the mouth... you'll get there. :cry:

Sounds like you've hit "the wall" as they say in other sports. That place and time when you just can't seem to get any better and in fact seem to be going backwards with your skills. The harder you try, the worse you seem to get.

Just a suggestion... try backing off on your riding (training) for a few days. Instead of being so focused on what's NOT working, try riding easier and working on something that IS working right. Maybe you're nailing your turns or whoops or something. Point is, you're approaching mental burn-out and you need to relax and make it fun again.

Instead of pushing even harder - relax and pull back for a few days, a week, whatever it takes. Your body and mind will tell you when it's time to push the envelope again. And one day soon you'll finish a ride and realize you just hit that double you've been casing or cleared that impossible tabletop.

Relax... in through the nose, out through the mouth... you'll get there. :cry:

Nice post, I agree! Sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 steps forward.

maybe try listening to some confidence inspiring music. Music always helps me somthing that will make you want to go out there and get shit done i know?

Celine Dion is a must in this situation!

MXJunky is also in agreance with Mil_.

I felt the same way last summer after a really bad practice crash early in the season, took the wind out of my sails for sure. I agree with the others, step back, take a deep breath, you know your potential, don't try so hard and make sure your having fun when your riding. After my crash I felt like I was a newbie on a bike again, took me a while to get my confidence back, I didn't have the drive anymore. I live in ND so we are pretty much seasonal riders, I am anyway, now after sitting all winter I can't wait to get back on the bike, my drive is there and looking forward to riding again. It always helps to ride somewhere your really familiar with, somewhere you feel great and have fun riding, hit some fun jumps you like and relax, your confidence will come back!!

hey eddie, what's up, this is Matt Carver, to help you out, from now on you should use a motocross journal, in the journal, you write every thing from riding to eating to the type of training you did that day!

the journal will help you out in the long run, but for now, just take some time off, maybe like 2 or 3 weeks or so, during that time you need to spend 15-20 mins a day running a mental moto on your fav track.

also you need to think that your the best! and don't think about anything else than the best!

o and one thing i do it a race around the halls at my school, passing people and racing people to the corners! always fun to brake check people!

but really all you can do it ride a and review! you'll get out of your slump!

good luck and see you on msn messenger

I think you need a girl bre....

naw, seriously. Even if only one day, put the bike away, and dont even think about it. Go out with some friends, the next day, dont train, go out and have fun. and so on.

Sounds like your putting to much pressure on yourself & maybe riding abit tense as a result?, try backing off some & start having fun with your riding instead of worrying about your ability. :)

just take a few days[or weeks] off. and if that doesnt help hit those fun doubles. try no footers or whips off them, thatll make you feel that you are good and once you start believing in yourself things wiil do a 180. itll help. just take a look at Kevin Windham :)

HondaCRF250R sweet bike :)

watch some crusty demons or similer it always works for me, just dont get to confident.

That the best Idea Yet.........I am all stocked now! :)

That the best Idea Yet.........I am all stocked now! :)

i could still beat you eddie!! no i'm jk you'd wax me!!!

good luck tho' and keep the faith

mtfbwy!!!!

i could still beat you eddie!! no i'm jk you'd wax me!!!

good luck tho' and keep the faith

mtfbwy!!!!

Wax ??? Crazy awsome... :p:):) mtfbwy!

hey eddie, what's up, this is Matt Carver, to help you out, from now on you should use a motocross journal, in the journal, you write every thing from riding to eating to the type of training you did that day!

the journal will help you out in the long run, but for now, just take some time off, maybe like 2 or 3 weeks or so, during that time you need to spend 15-20 mins a day running a mental moto on your fav track.

also you need to think that your the best! and don't think about anything else than the best!

o and one thing i do it a race around the halls at my school, passing people and racing people to the corners! always fun to brake check people!

but really all you can do it ride a and review! you'll get out of your slump!

good luck and see you on msn messenger

That's funny, I thought I was the only one that made bike sounds(braap). I do also wake and ride motos in my head(out front always). Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts. :):)

That's funny, I thought I was the only one that made bike sounds(braap). I do also wake and ride motos in my head(out front always). Thanks for letting me know I'm not nuts. :):)

no problem we all need a realty check!!!! :p lol