Sign in to follow this  

New CRF 150

Huy guys, I just picked up a brand new CRF 150 for my wife and son to ride. It seems like a great bike except that it is really slow. I have already ordered the jets and needle recomended by Powroll and will remove the exhaust insert and airbox snorkel when the parts arrive. Can I expect a decent increase in performance? I am not expecting a race bike but it is far slower than the Suzuki DS 80 that it is replaceing.

Thanks

Mike

Welcome to TT!! Spend another $20-$30 and get a high flow air filter as well, like a Uni or TwinAir. Removing the airbox snorkel and exhaust baffle and re-jetting is the best bang for buck mod you can do for the 150F.

Cheers, :cry:

Where in Texas are you. Just pull the snorkel, put in a filter, pull the baffel, and then the jets and you are good to go. You can add a rev box and it gives it alittle more top.

Un-cork the air box and the exhaust. It comes to life, the jets make it a little snappier.

My suggestion is you, stay off of it. Once you ride it you will never want to get off of it.

My wifes has a 150 and its just about paid off. Im now thinking of getting another to have so just she and I can go for a ride. (Plus they are soo much fun.) The 450 is a little to large and she never wants to go for a nice ride with me.

Yep, I know what you mean, the bike is a blast. When I am on the 600 it is just a bit much when she is on the 150. I will probably be looking for a smaller bike for myself so it will be more fun when we ride together.

Mike

This "600" is a 2-stroke enduro-desert long distancer, right????? :)

Before you throw in the towel on that 600, consider putting in an auto clutch in it...if one's available. It will completely transform the bike into an extremely docile bike that even an 8yr old can ride it in the woods.

Yep, it's an xr600. I'm not throwing in the towell on the 600. If it gets replaced it will probably be with an XR650. Plenty of desert around here in El Paso. I just need something smaller for when I ride with my wife.

Mike

I am picking up a bike for my wife tomorrow. :p It will be her 1st bike: an '03 CRF150 :D . We almost bought a new CRF100, but we found a good deal on a used 150. She is new to riding :) . She wants to be able to ride with me and the kids when we ride. I ride a kdx200 and the kids have a JR50 and PW80.

Do you think it will be an easy "learner" bike? :)

I didn't get her a bigger bike because I was afraid of her getting spooked or scared on a bigger faster bike.

chabat,

The 150 is a great starter bike. I would have started her on the 100, but only if

she is timid. If she's a go-getter, she should do great on the 150.

Good luck!

:)

I picked it up today (03 CRF150). She has already ridden it. I think it is tame enough for her. She sat on the 100 & 150 at the stealership and the 100 seemed small for her. Anyway, I earned some major brownie points for this birthday gift. :)

Oh yeah, sorry 'bout the hijack of this thread.

I picked it up today (03 CRF150). She has already ridden it. I think it is tame enough for her. She sat on the 100 & 150 at the stealership and the 100 seemed small for her. Anyway, I earned some major brownie points for this birthday gift. :D

Oh yeah, sorry 'bout the hijack of this thread.

Congrats man!

Enjoy!!

:o:):D:p:)