How To Shave 4 Pounds on your CRF

Someone can have my subframe from my crf450 2004, i found better solution thats been working. So I was wondering how to save some weight so I went to my nearest hobby shop and pickup some balsa wood. I asked the owner what the density was and it was easily .523 alabama strength and enough to hold my weight, fender and seat. I just shave 4 pounds like that. I used the it in my last race and no problems and got the holeshot. I will post picture sup later how to do it. The expoxy seems to work best. I went to a dollar store and got it

I already have some ideas for the ad in Racer X..

balsasubframe.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a horrible job at photoshopping the picture, you can clearly see in the picture as someone in another post pointed out that there are tabs in the shadow but not on the "sub frame", also, look at the "rub marks" all he did was brush up his chopped picture with some grey paint. i don't think he's foolin anybody ?

i actually ride alot at aztec MX

will you be there this sunday i really want to have a look at how this all works.

i'm preaty sure there is no racing this sunday i'll be at the track at arround 10am

is that ok?

what sorta trailer or car should i look for

cheers ?

Press Release:

RacerX--

All new balsawood subframe. Thats right, balsawood.. It actaully went over very well with our test riders. The new construction is wrapped with carbonfiber. This is very similiar to how snowboard compress their wood cores with fiberglass.The subframe easily weighed in 3 pound less then the factory subframe. What our riders liked most about it was the nimble feeling through turns. Look for this as a one the hot products of the year.

Davey Combs...

?

• 2 weeks later...