Best Radiator Guards?

Ok guys--I'm looking for some advice here. I need a set of radiator braces/guards for my brand spankin' new '04 WR450. DeVol look like good ones, but what else is out there? Who makes the best bang for the buck? I also will need a good skid plate--those oil lines down by the frame look a little vulnerable. A well-placed rock could sure ruin your ride. Anybody got any favorites?

I originally installed Works Connection Rad. guards on my 04' 450f. they gave reasonable torsion protection, but no frontal and little side coverage. Then I started riding it in the jungle here in Cambodia. There is LOTS of bamboo, and when you go through thickets, it's like a hazard course full of punji stakes. They want to go through the front of your radiator, the front of you chect protector, too!

I added a Rooster Rad. protector and am very happy with the it. The installation was seamless, spot on. My engine gets hot quicker at low spead...but the trade off in extra protection is worth it. Holeing a Radiator in the middle of the jungle would not be good!

I bought the Works Connection Brace & Devol Guards for my 98 WR after putting a hole in the left radiator after a simple wipe out. Don from the TT shop was excellent and shipped it to me in the UK. The exchange rate is great and saved me a fortune even with Customs & Postage.

It feels like a tank now nothing is going to kill that radiator now

Keith

The best design wraps around to the gas tank mounts so that it is a front guard as well as a side impact brace. Unabiker was smart enough to make one unit do both. When the WR450 first came out I put a devol guard and bolted a works connection brace together and made my own Unabiker system. My cost was twice as much and is very comparable in strength. Unabiker has made it a much easier mounting and cleaner looking full protection guard that is better than anything else I have seen. ?