Is this still true about the KLX 300?

I asked this question yesterday, evidently it was lost. Did anyone dino the 300R after the mods were made? I have a 05' 300R and the only thing I've done to it was to unplug it. I noticed a slight difference in the power and it sounds cooler. I think I'll do the mods but I'm curious to know how much horsepower the engine will gain from it. Thanks ?

I asked this question yesterday, evidently it was lost. Did anyone dino the 300R after the mods were made? I have a 05' 300R and the only thing I've done to it was to unplug it. I noticed a slight difference in the power and it sounds cooler. I think I'll do the mods but I'm curious to know how much horsepower the engine will gain from it. Thanks ?

Dynojet has a dyno chart showing the results of using their kit. It's on their website. Look for the kit for the KLX300.

Ride on

Brewster

yup it is, Kawi needs to think about making some changes to this bike

I'm really hoping that Kawi will look at the CRF X and WR's and make a trail version of the KXF. By the time it's sorted out, I might be ready for a new bike.

I have a 2001 model with the following:

Mikuni 33mm pumper carb with hot start

shift kit

FMF header and pipe

air box removed

Race Tech suspension

Renthal bar

I've never ridden a bone stock KLX300R so I have no frame of reference but I can tell you this is the hottest little ride I've ever had. Power everywhere and the suspension is unbelievable. I bought it on ebay for $2000 last summer I just bought an 02 WR426 and though it's got plenty of power, it's going to need some work to get the suspension even close.