Sign in to follow this  

Repacking Stock 250R Exhaust

My 2004 is getting loud. When I tried to repack the stock exhaust I couldn't get the end cap off. It's so soft it bends and the sealant Honda used has it stuck. It looks like I may have to booger up the end cap to get it off.

Anybody repacked one?

Any suggestions on how to get it off? Any recommendations on a replacement end cap if I do tear it up? ( My local Honda shop couldn't get it off and the stock end cap is $52.00)

you need to drill out the rivets at the other end where the mid-pipe comes in. Drill them out with a small bit so you can replace the rivets with like ones. You do not neet to pull the end cap off to repack your silencer. You repack it the same way you would repack a two stroke silencer.

you need to drill out the rivets at the other end where the mid-pipe comes in. Drill them out with a small bit so you can replace the rivets with like ones. You do not neet to pull the end cap off to repack your silencer. You repack it the same way you would repack a two stroke silencer.

Yes, you do need to take off the endcap on the CRF250 to repack it. If you look at the endcap where the exhaust comes out you'll see a sealer of some kind. You need to cut the sealer so it will seperate. Some heat will help too.

had the same problem ,got a blowtorch on it and that sorted it