Sign in to follow this  

2002 husaberg fx470e

I picked one up a few months ago and really like it. Very linear power, great handling.

Count on it being a keeper as the resale is horrible as not too many folks want them or know what they are

friend:

i had a reputable european dealer tell me to avoid the 01's and 02's as it was a new motor with lots of problems. it needs the 03 mods, diff. rockerarms, steel cam sprocket, etc. those on the husaberg.org site said don't go for one unless yiou get a super deal and the mods have been done.

if it's the bike in ohio on ebay, he claims the 03 mods are done.

mac

My understanding is that there are 2 series of bikes in 2002. The early models, and the late models. The late models are the ones with the mods done. I don't know the entirety of the issues with the early bikes. I'd heard something about hard to start, but never heard anything beyond that.

Husaberg actually used one of my customer's bikes as the basis for the changes. Once they had it all figured out, then sent him a bike from the later production run. He actually has that bike for sale.

Mike

mike

you're right. the europeans get the models months befoire the yanks and they were de-bugged by the time they got to the states. '02 was still a bad year-i should know i've got one!

however that bike is a monster and if you wanna arrive before you've even left thewn it's the one to go for...

regards

Taffy

My understanding is that there are 2 series of bikes in 2002. The early models, and the late models. The late models are the ones with the mods done. I don't know the entirety of the issues with the early bikes. I'd heard something about hard to start, but never heard anything beyond that.

Husaberg actually used one of my customer's bikes as the basis for the changes. Once they had it all figured out, then sent him a bike from the later production run. He actually has that bike for sale.

Mike

how do you tell if you have an early or later version?

I'm not sure how you can tell which model is a later one. My '02 fx470 was made in June 2002, but it still had the old style single bearing counterballancer. One of the other ways to tell is to look at the rocker arm followers. The earlier one have staked pins (at edges) on the rollers, the newer ones are staked from the center of the pin. I just updated my 470 with the new cb and bearings, as well as going to the steel cam sprocket. I caught as one of the bearings was going out, just before things got ugly. If you are interested, I will be selling it. It also has new Michelin S-12's, ironman steel sprocket, and Regina chain. Also, lots of extras.

I believe the latter series has a different S/N sequence. I'll look the one for sale in our area and see what it is.

I fired it up a while a while back to see what it was like. It's pretty much a rocket. And it feels sooooo light...

Mike