Sign in to follow this  

new 05 TE-510 at home Photo! says it all.

We lost my first ride impressions post but this photo taken my good friend TTer DomenicWTF last night of The Big Bad Wolf and I in my garage says it all.

A picture's worth 100 words.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B358%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E2323772%3C7%3B945ot1lsi

Check out a glimse of my new helmet, just behind that box on the work bench behind that big ugly guy with the huge grin on his face, wearing that very cool Husky matching Thor ride jersey. :cry:

I rode it last night and it is F'ing awesome ...love it

Power, Speed and Grace..........The riding FEEL of the bike seems to fit me like glove. all things are perfect in my view...the Gearing, suspension,,, carburation, quiet smooth powerful n sweet motor.... everything is so RIGHT on this bike. ..more pics-

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B358%3B23232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E293%3E%3A86%3EWSNRCG%3D3232863%3B8%3A%3A2%3Cnu0mrj

and the DRZ in retirement behind me and that cool helmet to the right on the bench.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B358%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E2323772%3C7%3B953ot1lsi

AWESOME!!! :cry: I am way pumped for you (and jelous as hell)! That is a cool jersey cool too! Is it a new Thor design? I would love to get that gear and be a copy cat of you... :cry:

2004 thor jersey I believe...I think found it on a sale rack for 20 bucks can ya believe it. I can't find the pants

love the thor helmet too. i think 2004 also.......... got it on sale too .like it was meant to be.

2004 thor jersey I believe...I think found it on a sale rack for 20 bucks can ya believe it. I can't find the pants

love the thor helmet too. i think 2004 also.......... got it on sale too .like it was meant to be.

Thanks man, I am going to start scouring the Inet! :cry:

Thanks man, I am going to start scouring the Inet! :cry:

I'll Save you the trouble :cry: It is the 2003 core 5 gear and you may be able to still find some on Clearance.

Bob

Cool bike can't wait to check it out in person tomorrow :cry:

I'll Save you the trouble :cry: It is the 2003 core 5 gear and you may be able to still find some on Clearance.

Bob

Cool bike can't wait to check it out in person tomorrow :cry:

AWESOME! Thank you so much, I am going searching now!

Sweet bike man... you're going to love it! DRZ to a Husky 510 :cry: Hold on. Thats like when I was a kid and went from a XL175 to a YZ465 :cry:

I remember you posting some months back in the drz400 forum about getting one and those dudes couldn't really handle it (or at least some of them seemed a little miffed), I for one am glad you went for it and got something you really wanted :cry:

cool bike :cry:

Where will you be riding? I live up in SodaSprings and am thinking of heading down mountain at some point in next 2 weeks for a refresher ride. Any spots not snowed in down by Dutch Flat?

Where will you be riding? I live up in SodaSprings and am thinking of heading down mountain at some point in next 2 weeks for a refresher ride. Any spots not snowed in down by Dutch Flat?

never heard of those places. I live in folsom and ride Foresthill and Georgetwon a lot.

Whoo Hoo,

Great to see it FINALLY came. I bet you don't want to get it dirty?

If you think it goes now then wait until the jetting is sorted.

Put some clear contact on the plastics above the pegs as they take a beating from boot rub and look shabby quickly.

:)

That photo was great! Why a 510? I ride a Ktm 520 but want to lose the weight and go 250. Either Honda or Husky. I'm 53 & race eastern harescrambles off & on according to my work schedule but I do a lot of woods trailriding. I love the fun factor of the big bikes & know I will miss it. But I felt going down in size would keep me fresher after 2 hours of racing. The last race I ran I won my class [super senior] but MAN was I tired!! I was just interested & wanted your perspective. Probably a Big Bore Junkie, right!!!

do a husky forum search fo my post titled "Bore x stroke"

is your 520 am EXC? that bike has a small bore long stroke design. It has great torque for gutting out of a mud hole but it can be a tiring bike with lots of inertia in that long stroke.

The huskys are leaders in large bore x short stroke designs. especially the TE-450 has it has the largest ratio of bore x stroke out there. It is a racer and is fun to ride.

GO FOR the TE-450. droping down the a 250 4 stroke size too much power fun factor loss for you. have you ridden the honda 250x? nice bike....its a small guys bike though and even some small size 250x owners miss ther 450s. and that X is famous for valve problems........the huskys are good on valves reports have been - Go for the TE-450 - large bore, short stroke is the key to set you free.

i went with the 510 cause Im a big guy and it has the 450 engine bore with a longer stroke..but still its bore x stroke ratio is still higher then the KTM EXC bikes.....I love my 510......... It is not tiring at all no way the bike is a dream

check the specs learn about bore x stroke dimension differneces. KTM chsoe that deep stroke for mud sucking traction and they are good at that, but you be havin fun on your huskys and it can do just fine in the slop and techy stuff.

What kind of gas mileage are you getting on a tank approx.? I know it depends of type of riding. I am trying to decide between 510 and 450 TE. I am 160lbs and ride alot at high altitude (8000-10000) I had a 520 mxc KTM that did great and I hear the TE510 is an even better motor. It seems the dealers I have been talking to have a few more 510's available right now than the 450 and by the time i have the money it may be the 510. I think both seem good. the dealer said you could get about 65/tank approx on the 450.

Awesome, Awesome bike man. I'm super proud for ya. I opened the pic & did a doubletake. Man it was eerie. Your shop is identical to mine & has a Husky in it too! The work bench is identical & running down the same wall as mine , the large door behind you in the corner (same place as mine). If I get a chance today, I'll take a pic similar to yours & send it to ya. I think it''l blow you mind too. My shop is much messier than yours though.

Whoo Hoo,

Great to see it FINALLY came. I bet you don't want to get it dirty?

If you think it goes now then wait until the jetting is sorted.

Put some clear contact on the plastics above the pegs as they take a beating from boot rub and look shabby quickly.

:)

Huskys are beuatifull !!!

As for frame guards...how about the one of supermotard models ?

AJSB