Sign in to follow this  

Cycra Vs Msr Handguards

I can't decide which one to purchase. Can anyone tell me how the lever clearance is with the MSR's. I know the CYCRA will clear the levers,right? Which one would you purchase, I'm is Canada Cycra $150, MSR $120. Any other information would be great. Thank-you. :cry:

I have and like Cycra and have no complaints, but I would recommend the triple clamp mount so they don't move around. If the other brands don't offer the triple clamp mount stay away. I can't comment on any of the other brands, I'm sure all of them are decent.

I have and like Cycra and have no complaints, but I would recommend the triple clamp mount so they don't move around. If the other brands don't offer the triple clamp mount stay away. I can't comment on any of the other brands, I'm sure all of them are decent.

I second the tripple clamp mount. My buddy had his front brake line cut from a minor get off because the hand guard turned on the bars.... I have used Cycra and love them. I went with the low profile shields for normal riding and used the bigs ones for wet/muddy conditions.

I've got three friends with the Cycra's on their KTM's. All three of them have had the bolt pull the threads out during a minor get-off. :) This is the inner bolt that bolts the guard to the bar/triple-tree mount. If you decide on Cycra, be sure to replace those bolts with ones of the proper length. Then ones Cycra supplies are too short.

I've got the Moose (bar mount) and they do not budge. I've wrecked pretty good a few times and they simply have not moved.

I agree with HalfNuts. I've got the Cycra hand guards (awesome) and installed a new longer bolt like he mentions. Haven't had a problem since, these are my second pair and I would buy another set. :)

Ive had three sets of MSRs, and they work but I wanted cycras everytime, but dealers had trouble getting what I want ...........and $150 is cheap, I think enduro engineering makes a good set also

IMO, Cycra Pro Bends w/ triple clamp mounts are the ultimate. I've had them on my YZ and a CRF250 before that, no complaints. I just had to give them up, though, since I bought an RTT stabilizer w/ integrated triple clamp that wouldn't fit. I bought the Fastway (no)F.I.T. System w/ the stabilizer, and sent them back b/c I'd either have to cut down my bars or bend the crap out of the guards to fit, and they already didn't have much hand/control clearance. I'm going back to the Pro Bends, sadly w/ bar mounts this time since I don't have a choice. :)

Thank-you for you comments. So, is there any problems with lever clearance?

Fastways are the ones I have and prefer.

Fastways w/ triple clamp mount here also, using a Scott's T/C & stabilizer with loads of room. I've got the Enduro Engineering setup on another machine and for the price they are not bad, but the Fastway's (which use the Cycra bend) will give you more lever room.

Here is another vote for both the Cycra and Moose handguards.

Have the Cycra's on my CRFX with the tripple clamp mounts. Love them. Rock solid. I need to get the longer bolts though. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I also have the Moose handguards w/ Cycra shields on my YZ400. Those work great also. My Moose are the Mini Moose aluminum guards. They work AWSOME on cut down bars. The Renthals on my YZ are 29" wide and the mini Moose guards were a direct bolt on affair. No cutting, drilling, bending at all. Fit was perfect. I was amazed. I have never had a set go on this easy.

The only diff between the mini Moose and the full size moose guards is that the minis are shorter on the end were it mounts to the center of the bar. So on narrower bars you dont have to cut them down and redrill.