Sign in to follow this  

Need Advice on Hitch carriers for my KLX400SR

I'm thinking of getting a Moto-Tote for my KLX400SR. Do these work good?

I'm looking at the Sport or M3, but could use other suggestions too. :cry: Thanks

I bought a motocaddy and I hate it, it seems to wobble from side to side and scares the crap out of me. They say no one has ever lost a bike off it, but it still scares me

I have been pleased with the moto-jack rack. It has a twin, the ultimate MX hauler.

Keep in mind that you need a proper rig to carry 350 lbs on the back end using your hitch.

:cry:

I've got the Shadow Rider steel model. It has an anti-wobble mount which works pretty well. You have to cinch your tie-downs pretty tight, but it doesn't look like it's going anywhere, Still flexes and sways a bit over really rough ground.

Your biggest concern will be making sure your hitch and rear springs are up to the task. I have Air-lift suspension helpers on my Montero Sport.

www.theshadowrider.com

Jim

There are a ton for sale on ebay look here There are some pretty cheap ones, but you probably get what you pay for.

I just ordered an Ultimate MX Hauler. They have some extra blue ones that they are willing to sell a little cheaper and I couldn't pass up a deal :cry: They have improved the design and now make them w/ a solid platform and the pieces are laser cut for a very clean look and operation (from what I am told). I'll post a review once I have it.

Three cheers for the MotoJackRack! I used to have the MotoXCaddy. All of the ramp style ones seem to sway back and fourth quite a bit. I did over 5,000 miles with my old one but the new one is much much more stable and as a bonus a lot easier to store being much more compact. It also doubles as a workstand right on your rig so that it is easy to fix a tire or whatever.

Good luck...CG

I have the Motote M3 and like it. It did seem to loosen up over time and isn't as solid as I'd like. I ALWAYS tie the bike to the truck with an extra strap run horizontally so that hard acceleration forces will not cause the bike to lean WAAAYYY back. If I had to emergency stop, I'm afraid the hand guards might go through the rear window of my blazer. :)

Overall it is MUCH easier and cheaper than a trailer. :)

Give Versahaul a look. It is the most solid, and well engeneered hauler that I have seen. Look at: versahaul.com.... Phil