Sign in to follow this  

Reno Ride Part II

Well, I guess it looks like my post from yesterday was lost about the condition of Moonrocks or other places near Reno to ride. A couple guys were going up this weekend and offered to give a ride report. That would be much appreciated!!! Also thank you for everybody elses input.

Fort Sage OHV area is a nice place to ride. Honey Lake MX is also near there, on the opposite side of the highway (Hwy. 395), and it is a very nice track! Both areas are about an hour or so north of Reno.

www.honeylakemx.com

:)

Went riding around Virginia City yesterday south side of the hills were ridable But the North side were all snow. The good part is the snow looked like it was melting fast. :)

The annual Moonrocks ride, with loads of people coming from all over the US has been cancelled---meaning that due to the lack of snow melt, many coming from long distance have pulled out, and the "official annual ride" to take place again in 2006. REcent reports not so encouraging, although I bet a few local folks who were planning on going, may still go up to ride. I was going to go, but might look for alternatives, although I 'll still watch for ride reports this week.

Pete

Thanks for the reports, things aren't looking so good for Moonrocks. If my group is up for it I would like to try Fort Sage. If anyone has any further info on conditions, please let me know.

Fort sage is very close in elevation to moonrocks , it is about 10-15 miles as the crow flies from moon rocks. I would call any business you can find in the town of Doyle for a snow report before going. Doyle is a small town about 200 people, but anyone can look out there window and see the fort sage mtn. If I were you I would go to georgetown or stonyford if you have never been to them. We were going to go to chappie this week but may back out due to not getting our dam crossing permits turned in soon enough. We might go to stonyford.

Fort Sage OHV area is a nice place to ride. Honey Lake MX is also near there, on the opposite side of the highway (Hwy. 395), and it is a very nice track! Both areas are about an hour or so north of Reno.

www.honeylakemx.com

:)

As far as I know, Honey Lake doesn't have open practices though, you can only go there for races. Or have they changed their minds about that? BTW, I agree, it's an awesome track.