Sign in to follow this  

XR80/100 stator ???????? Help!!!

OK, I recently got a 1983 XR80 that I'm converting to CDI. Well, I read once that the XR100 stator/flywheel were the same just the backing plates were different. So after getting a XR100 setup off ebay and buying a new backing plate the stator doesn't work with the backing plate. The stator itself will bolt on, but the pick-up has now where to mount. There's one hole for the screw, but no place for the other hole, like on the XR100 backing plate. Then, I checked an online parts fiche and the xr80 stator was $75 and the XR100 stator was $145 and the XR80 flywheel was $150 and the XR100 flywheel was $314!!!!! So my question is. . . Has any swapped back and forth the flywheel or stator between the XR100 and XR80???? If so, what do I need to do. :cry:

I have put a XR80 stator and flywheel on a XR100 backing plate for my XR100. And I didn't notice anything.

minifig, the stator and flywheel bolted up no problem from the xr80 to the 100?,see I'm in the same boat,I was told by honda that all the flywheels look the same between the 80's and 100's,but have diffrent part numbers,I was going to throw on a flywheel to my 100 from an 80,until the numbers are diffrent,honda said that it may be to advance,and not run right, not sure of that........ok the big ? is........I can get the stator and flywheel for my 100,but it is from an 80 the same year......85......you posted that you did not have a problem ,your xr80 stator bolted up to the 100 backing plate ,with an extra screw hole right? cause I notice that the 80 plate has two screws and the 100 plate has 3...............will I be good to go with the 80 stator and flywheel??

Wow old post. Yeah everything worked with only one slight problem. Since the backing plates are slightly rotated differently, the wire on one of them is shorter. I can't remember if it was the 100 or the 80. But I just had to extend it in the back. I also can't remember what I did, but I remeber it was pretty easy and fairly straight forward.