Sign in to follow this  

This Kid is pushing his luck...

I work from home a lot and about 2 weeks ago I saw a kid go by my house on a YZ250. Then about 2 minutes later he went back the other way. Of course I noticed it. From that day till now in the late afternoon he comes by but now he is up to 4 or 5 trips up and down... :cry: Anyway, I think he's getting comfortable so he's just having fun riding around and he doesn't open it up to attract to much attention to himself. I'm just wondering how long will it take before he gets pulled over and a handful of tickets... :cry: Now days I watch for him and see if the cops are gonna chase him around. I won't call them but eventually the cops just driving around will see him... I'll have my camera ready... :cry:

kid%20on%20YZ.jpg

After it's impounded, he'll post a thread on TT about how cops suck and people don't respect dirt bikes. :cry:

A cop car could never catch a yz250 and that kid knows it. Atleast here in the northeast the forest is so dense that as soon a you get a chance to duck off the road and into the woods or powerlines, you are gone- they could NEVER catch you. Maybe where you live the landscape doesnt permit such escape but up here its just unspoken rule that you run from the cops because they dont stand a snowballs chance in hell in catchin ya. Im not a frequent law breaker because i transport in my truck- maybe that kid isnt old enough to drive yet. But when faced with riding fast or stopping and paying $250+ and possibly making the newspaper, ill choose the fast getaway anyday: and on a side note, its quite a rush to run from the cops- makes you feel like some sort of cowboy :cry: More power to that kid for being young and foolish, we've all been there.

After it's impounded, he'll post a thread on TT about how cops suck and people don't respect dirt bikes. :cry:

:cry::cry::cry:

That's funny.

its quite a rush to run from the cops

Tell that to my favorite aunt that died in LA when a dirtbag ran from the cops and killed her 2 months before she retired, after he blew an intersection :cry: If you run from the cops, they should be able to shoot you in my book. :cry:

A cop car could never catch a yz250 and that kid knows it. Atleast here in the northeast the forest is so dense that as soon a you get a chance to duck off the road and into the woods or powerlines, you are gone- they could NEVER catch you. Maybe where you live the landscape doesnt permit such escape but up here its just unspoken rule that you run from the cops because they dont stand a snowballs chance in hell in catchin ya. Im not a frequent law breaker because i transport in my truck- maybe that kid isnt old enough to drive yet. But when faced with riding fast or stopping and paying $250+ and possibly making the newspaper, ill choose the fast getaway anyday: and on a side note, its quite a rush to run from the cops- makes you feel like some sort of cowboy :cry: More power to that kid for being young and foolish, we've all been there.

:cry: Yup. I have to admit, when I hear him coming I stop what I'm doing and get ready for a show. Now that he's up to so many laps I figure its gotta happen soon... There are a few others that ride by here on quads and bikes but they haven't gotten into a steady routine like this guy...:cry:

I saw a dirt bike get caught by the cops and I ran into the officers later. I asked them if they cited the dirt bike for no turn signals, they said no, they cited the driver for no license, no registration, no proof of insurance.

Kid has no protection on other then a helmet & tennis shoes...

If he tried to run he would be road rashed and regretting his choice.

In California its felony evasion. Why risk a felony to run from a $250 ticket...?

I like the quick snap you took TC, he was probably worried after seeing you.

Did you look at the photo?? Personally, I don't think that he actually could ride it off road to make a run for it. I think I might have a good chance catching him on my mountain bike -- especially in the dirt. Joking of course, but he does look inexperienced.

On a side note: I wish that kind of crap didn't happen on a day to day basis. For the 100 or so responsible riders, the general public will only remember this guy.

Some peoples kids :cry::cry:

Hope he don't try to outrun the cops they way he's dressed,no boots or protective gear ,besides helmet :cry:

Ya need to tell him it's a dirt bike, NOT a street bike......

I like the quick snap you took TC, he was probably worried after seeing you.

Ha ha! I was hiding behind a little tree in my yard then just the camera popped out... I was in incognito mode and he didn't even see me... :cry: But now he goes up and down so many times its easy to take pics of him. I should add a pic every day...LOL!

It's nearly impossible to outrun a police radio. :cry:

Being on an island (even a big one) would limit your escape somewhat, as well. Since you mentioned it, where I'm from is extremely rural, with the Connecticut state line just mere miles away. It doesn't mean the streets run rampant with jackasses who are too lazy to street register their bikes.

Being that I am a police officer, I can tell you that we in law enforcement do something called "community policing" which gets us involved in the neighborhoods that we patrol. Eventually if not sooner, someone will complain about that kid, and when the police get the call they won't respond to the street where he is - they'll just wait at his home, which his neighbors have gladly identified. By the way, we'd rather catch big time criminals - but when enough complaints come in about a nuisance in the neighborhood, we do our job.

If all else fails, that YZ250 will be "caught" by the "cop car" when the officer blocks the road and lights flares at the accident scene. More power to that kid injuring himself or others. Even more power to him if the cop has to notify his family that he killed himself with his sub-par riding skills, while being a "cowboy." :cry:

Nice post. :cry:

P.S. We coppers love smug attitudes from punks. :cry: Did it occur to you that cops may ride too?

Tell that to my favorite aunt that died in LA when a dirtbag ran from the cops and killed her 2 months before she retired, after he blew an intersection :cry: If you run from the cops, they should be able to shoot you in my book. :cry:

Let me clarify: i was saying that lightly sort of as a joke that its fun to run from the cops... im sorry about your aunt i didnt mean it like that. I dont condone riding any unregistered vehicle on the road but i do it from time to time to go maybe a 1/4 mile on really slow backroads while getting around. Making a getaway around my parts is like literally turning up into the woods because there is woods on all sides of the streets. Thats why i said you may not understand. Its not like blowing down some city or even suburban street at 50 on knobbies through stop signs; its like turning the wheel to the right and going off into the woods. No cop car could even fit in the woods was my point so for me in a small town would rather just pounce off into the woods where i was going anyways. Running from the cops isnt a good idea, so kids stop for the nice policemen and take the fine so your mommy and daddy can pay it. For me as a big boy, living in the sticks, i would rather weight the outside peg and turn into the woods, avoiding any tickets at all. Most of the cops around here dont even bother because theyve been outrun many times before and they realize its foolish to chase dirtbikes and it will possibly create a dangerous situation on the road. A better alternative would be to allow all dirtbikes to be registered so they werent so "outlawed" and feared by the community. It would normalize them and policemen chasing kids on bikes wouldnt create a dangerous situation maybe similar to what happened to your aunt. Again im sorry, but i maintain that im a big boy and where i live, we do what we do and it doesnt involve racing down the street in a fast asphalt getaway creating a dangerous traffic situation. One turn onto the singletrack and you're gone.

It's nearly impossible to outrun a police radio. :cry:

Being on an island (even a big one) would limit your escape somewhat, as well. Since you mentioned it, where I'm from is extremely rural, with the Connecticut state line just mere miles away. It doesn't mean the streets run rampant with jackasses who are too lazy to street register their bikes.

Being that I am a police officer, I can tell you that we in law enforcement do something called "community policing" which gets us involved in the neighborhoods that we patrol. Eventually if not sooner, someone will complain about that kid, and when the police get the call they won't respond to the street where he is - they'll just wait at his home, which his neighbors have gladly identified. By the way, we'd rather catch big time criminals - but when enough complaints come in about a nuisance in the neighborhood, we do our job.

If all else fails, that YZ250 will be "caught" by the "cop car" when the officer blocks the road and lights flares at the accident scene. More power to that kid injuring himself or others. Even more power to him if the cop has to notify his family that he killed himself with his sub-par riding skills, while being a "cowboy." :cry:

Nice post. :cry:

P.S. We coppers love smug attitudes from punks. :cry: Did it occur to you that cops may ride too?

Nice post copper :cry: Im not one of those cop-haters so i dont know why you would imply such a thing and even go so far as to call me a punk. I dont ride from my house and i dont think dirtbikes should be ridden illegally either. So no one will ever be waiting at my house because im never riding from there, i go to a legal spot, park my truck, unload and ride sometimes across or down country roads at real short distances. The kid on the island is obviously pushing his luck, he is in a different situation.

:cry: This kid does not open it up so nobody has complained yet. He just goes along with traffic up the road to some turn around point then comes back down at traffic speed. Up and down, up and down... I can't help but think its funny as I can see his comfort level has gone from 1 run looking back every so often to, "I'm just a motorcycle rider going on errands" attitude. :cry: I don't even know where he comes from.

If he tried to run away on this street he'd be caught within a mile. There are no forest trails without going thru my friends yard that has a locked gate and only we have the combination. Is it wrong for me to be watching this and not reporting him? I mean, I'd feel like a hypocrit because I was young and dumb like him but worse! I'd be doing wheelies by now... OK TT population, should I report him and take the pictures of the bust? :devil::cry: That's horrible. I don't think I could do it but I've been known to surprise myself... :cry:

Let me clarify: i was saying that lightly sort of as a joke that its fun to run from the cops... im sorry about your aunt i didnt mean it like that... No cop car could even fit in the woods was my point so for me in a small town would rather just pounce off into the woods where i was going anyways... Running from the cops isnt a good idea, so kids stop for the nice policemen and take the fine so your mommy and daddy can pay it... It would normalize them and policemen chasing kids on bikes wouldnt create a dangerous situation maybe similar to what happened to your aunt.

Read my post. Cops have better things to do. Also, we would use our obvious advantage of radio communication and community policing to determine who is creating the nuisance/hazard.

I take exception to blaming the cops for Bryan's aunt's passing. If the rider had stopped for the cop, there would be no problem. Unless you're telling me that the police car struck the bike, causing the accident, the blame is 100% on the ******* rider, being a "cowboy."

We riders don't need the bad press, and I am one of many Police officers on this site who happen to love riding.

By the way, I didn't call you a punk. I informed you that we coppers love smug attitudes from punks. If that strikes a chord with you, that's on you. What you describe is punk-ish.

You don't always get caught.

I had a KX400 which was pretty loud as they all were back then. I was riding the local sand pit which only had 2 ways in and out. I'm sure the pit owner didn't like me being there and was the one who called the cops.

I tried to go out one way and the cops had it blocked. I turned around and tried the other way and there was a cop car sitting there. As I came up on the car the cop jumped out and I grabbed a big handful and came at him with the front wheel in the air. The cop didn't get out of the way fast enough and I slammed him.

For some reason I didn't fall and I tokk off. I didn't hurt him too badly, I imagine he got a few days off with pay.

I never got caught and the satute of limitations has run out long ago.

Again im sorry, but i maintain that im a big boy and where i live, we do what we do and it doesnt involve racing down the street in a fast asphalt getaway creating a dangerous traffic situation. One turn onto the singletrack and you're gone.

You are a big boy, do what you want. Like I said earlier, its a felony

where I live, shouldn't take a second thought, pull over, deal with it.

Show some respect for the guy doing his job. You put yourself

in the situation to be pulled over, it is by no means harassment from

law enforcement.

You want to link trails & ride on the street? Get a plate like everyone

else who wants to go it does.

There was a great post a while back from a young guy that got caught

running, they were pretty light on him from the story I remember.

He still had to pay some fines, but he is lucky he didn't get a felony.