Sign in to follow this  

GEORGETOWN SUNDAY THE 13TH "AGAIN"

One more try :cry: Show up when ever. Should be staged at Mace Mills, but that could change by Sat. night. Will keep this thread posted, if it doesn't crash again. :cry:

Sunday I have to work now from 8-9 am...so if I ride Sunday, I cant get there till like 1030-11 am............

I may tag along, may not......

I'm off to prarie city to break in the wolf. I'll be home by 430-500 pm for sure

come on by bring the drill. :cry:

I am going to take the kids to Carnegie on Sunday, I am too tired from doing landscaping for the last 2 days :cry: to do any serious riding, maybe next time.

I was planning on Georgetown but it doesn't really matter where. As long as there's dirt under the tires all is good. :) Any current info on Foresthill?

Hey Dom and Pat. Well the parts didnt show today like planned. I robbed a pair of steel bars (sold the stock renthals already.....they sold much quicker than I thought) so I can at least ride Mammoth bar to put in some time on the bike. But Im not wanting to ride real offroad untill shes dialed in, so GT is out. Im waitng on Triple clamps, bars, damper tower, handguards, tank............sheesh.

Im kinda ticked at the whole parts not showing up thing. I think my parts guy is on a mental holiday.... :)

Ill be doing laps at Mammoth somethime on Sunday.

Zac

No big deal. :) I'm going for the wolfs first ride Saturday and sleeping in Sunday :) May end up in Foresthill quading or Mammoth riding Sunday afternoon. The potato chopper only runs one day a week now, I think it smelled that dirty wolf on me.. :p:D

even though his jap bike is having parts supply issues... :) ....Cisco riding MB means to me that FH is iffy...... but whatever do what you guys are gonna do... like I said I have to work first thing so I'll be a follower Sunday coming up late to where ever you guys go.

On second thought I really think I will go to FH. I need to see this 510 suspension on loop 4 rocks.......if it's as stiff as I think, then I need to get my credit card out and schedule the bike in at Dick's racing for my suspension job sooner rather then later..... The GasGas guys I met at CC which have the same Marzocchi forks told me it will be night and day after Dick dials it in for me and my ride areas.

Dom assisted me in softening it up 2 clicks on rebound and compression....tonight after he helped me do my handguards... :) I'll do it more tomoorrow at GT if needed..then try it again at FH sunday afternoon. I'll be interested in others impressions of the bike too. Test rides will be available - no wheelies or crashing please.

is anybody watching the weather? is sunday still ok? or getting shaky with rain?

Hey Dom, come down to Mammoth Bar Sunday. We can ride a bit...enough to kinda break in my new bike, then sit in the bleachers, drink our beer from some in conspicuous plastic cups and watch people crash on the track.

I plan on taking the Kid to grammas in the later AM, then hitting MB on the way home...say 11AM? Then head home around 3PM to prepare a nice evening ALONE with the wifey. Ill be all tired from riding and probably fall asleep during our romantic dinner....but its the thought that counts, right?

So meet me there if ya please. I feel stupid putting steel bars on my new bike that came with renthals...... :p I shoulda waited to sell the bars, till the new stuff actually came in...Oh welll :)

Bob, dont expect your suspension to work the way it should for AT LEAST 4 to 6 good rides. The stiction and stiffness of new forks will fool you. Loop 4 rocks may feel harsh until you pound the suspension in. Run the Comp clickers WAY out for 3 rides, then dial them in.

My new susension is already revalved, but the forks are still unbelievably stiff. Im talking, high school boy in the girls locker room stiff :) . Thats why Im doing laps at Mammoth, to pound the snot out of the suspenders and break them loose.

Zac

Clear till Monday :) I wouldn't mind Foresthill sunday :) I'll bring the camera tomorrow for your first broken plastic shot.. :p