[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

engine braking??

Hey guys, how is the engine breaking on these RMZ's compared to the CRF's (with almost none), or the YZF's (with ALOT)?? THANKS

The 2003 YZF's have much less than the 03 and older ones. If you think a YZF has engine braking ride a KTM 525, it has a ton.

If you don't like engine braking just ride a gear or two taller in most cases that will fix the problem.

I ride my KTM and YZF back to back some timse and it only takes a minute or two to adjust.

Engine braking is not all bad, you just have to learn how to use it. On the trails I love engine braking on my KTM, I use the brake much less than most others.

If you hate engine braking you can always put a Rekulse auto clutch in, theny you'll have zero engine braking below 2500 RPM and almost no clutch pull if you get the optional external clutch/adjuster thingy.

Cheers,

:) The engine braking is similar to the CRF. There really isn't any noticable on the RMZ450.

Thats a drag. :)

If it wasnt for the contingency program, I would be riding somthing else this year.