Sign in to follow this  

Kick Start Kit for 2004 S

Where is the best place to find a good deal on a kick start kit for a 2004 400S? I am gonna drop some serious weight!!

Ronayers.com for the kick starter , and yes,, it fits the S :cry:

I am gonna drop some serious weight!!

Will you :cry:

Remove battery and starter

Add Kick starter kit and capacitor

= very little weight loss

No true motor performance gain,, as you still have the E start parts attached to the crank.

Sell the E, buy a used Kicker :cry:

Bronco I know you were waiting for me to post.... :cry: so....

I am gonna drop some serious weight!!
Around 10 lbs total if you remove everything possible.
No true motor performance gain,, as you still have the E start parts attached to the crank.
Actually you remove the rotor and then remove the one way clutch + starter gear attached to the rotor before reinstalling the rotor on the crank. Pretty good chunk of weight too.
Sell the S, buy a used Kicker
Very true... If you can find a kicker and don't mind selling the S and just buying a kicker you might as well if you want the ultimate weight loss..... Of course it may be an issue of you needing a street legal bike and unable to register an offroad model like me and my S.

Very true... If you can find a kicker and don't mind selling the S and just buying a kicker you might as well if you want the ultimate weight loss..... Of course it may be an issue of you needing a street legal bike and unable to register an offroad model like me and my S.

Nate of all the possible reasons to bastardize an E start DRZ,, you probable have it right there,, True need, due to registration.

:cry:

Ride a Kicker.... the difference can be felt... Go all the way, or go home :cry:

I'll not be giving up my E start,,, but I would not turn down a great deal on a kicker :cry: