Sign in to follow this  

New England Sucks!

Hi guys/girls,

I just thought I'd come on here and rant and rave about how this weather sucks. I'm living in CT and there is about 800" of snow on the ground. Actually my driveway melted just enough so that I had a dirt road again for about a half day. Then it snowed again last night, yay. However if not for the New England winters my bikes would be trashed. I need the winters to rebuild the bikes as well as my bank account. I don't know how everyone in the 4 season riding weather states can afford to do it.

ok...that's enough

I'll be in my cave hybernating until spring.

Jay

Cyclenut51 rides Thomaston Dam and Rocky Hill for the most part, and feels your pain. Cyclenut51 has started talking in third person like MXJunky because of cabin fever. :cry:

where in CT do you live? i live there too and i can see most of my yard....and theres a TT ride, check the post in the NE section is you havent already

Gene you're killing me!! How did you make out in that race??

So Gene, are you a true racer?? I've been looking at the schedules up here in "Iceland" for this year and came up with about 25-30 race dates I'm gonna try to get to. How do you guys afford to ride all year. We only get to ride for about 7-8 months a year. Only race 7 months of the year. I can barely afford that, and I know I couldn't afford it if we raced year round.

I need to get a shugga momma!! :cry:

30 Bucks A Race Aint That Bad

I Almost Like Practice Days More Thou I Can Run About 30 Laps Or So On Race Day Ya Get 2 Motos Of 4 Laps Each Plus A Couple Of Practice Laps

Im A Contractor So I Take Off Thursdays And Got 2 Yz450 So Not Much Maintanace

WOW...I need to move to TX. Sounds like you've got a good set up.

We pay $10 to get into the gate then $40 per class. I usually run 2 classes so that $90 a weekend just in signup fees. :cry:

WOW...I need to move to TX. Sounds like you've got a good set up.

We pay $10 to get into the gate then $40 per class. I usually run 2 classes so that $90 a weekend just in signup fees. :cry:

you guys pay to ride motorcycles? umm. cool. whatever.

i do about 1 race/month (40-50 bucks), but most of my 3-5k miles each year is fun trailriding.

it's snowing pretty hard here now. i'm going xc skiing after work then downhill skiing tomorrow.

mw

65 IN SAN ANTONIO TX AND WE RIDE EVERY THURS SAT AND SUN AT WWW.CYCLERANCHMX.COM

RACED LAST SUNDAY

that was uncalled for...I have to shovel a path to get to my bike in the shed...just to stare at it for awhile..Texas sucks

that was uncalled for...I have to shovel a path to get to my bike in the shed...just to stare at it for awhile..Texas sucks

Yeah Texas Sucks! How dare they have year round riding!!!

This is where I'm headed today... :cry::cry:

B-Big%20beach%20run.jpg

Don't be such a wuss, get some studs and ride.

snowride0191.jpg

I ride year round. I'll be thinking of you guys when you're sweltering in the summer heat down south.

yea yea yea....i know it is sunny and you guys are at the beach, and going riding/racing. I'm trying to play catch up on all the things I neglected all season long. Remodeling / Bike maint. / Bike Prep / Tractor Maint. All that fun stuff I put off until "next week". Well it is now winter and AAAAALLLLL of my next week project are getting done. So that when things dry out I can play outside again!!!

yea i live in ct too. i havent taken my bike out since the end of november. this snow is only supposed to fall in vermont so then i can go skiing but still ride. i cant wait til it melts and the tracks are thawed out. until then it will sit in the basement next to the quads.

Cold, rain and some snow here in NM. I spoke to a guy who came here from Seattle to escape this crap. He's pretty unhappy to have a pure Seattle winter in NM and I'm pretty unhappy myself.

Going riding tomorrow with some buds. Forecast is 100% rain all day, but we're sick of this and we're going out anyway. Been nice knowing you guys.

Don't be such a wuss, get some studs and ride.

snowride0191.jpg

I ride year round. I'll be thinking of you guys when you're sweltering in the summer heat down south.

Like he said! I live in Sub-Artic central NY and I went trail riding today. 25 F and sunny, you guys don't know what your missing. Off to the lake this Sunday to ride on the ice. A snowmobile is an implement used to pack bike trails.