Sign in to follow this  

HJC Helmet owners ?

I have a question for you HJC helmet owners out there. I was looking at getting the HJC AC-X2 in either the Chromium or the Static paint jobs. Does anyone have any feedback on these or any of the HJC helmets? Do you like them if you are a owner? Also was it worth the money?

I bought one HJC helmet that was only like 75$ and it has come off my head at 70 MPH on a gravel road (because I didn't strap it on) and it only put a little scratch on it. also the helmet is very comfortable :cry:

I have the blue chromium one, and I like it alot. I broke the visor off of it when I fractured my hip, but I hit the ground hard... 3 times.

It keeps looking nice, with just a few scratches probably from the same time I wrecked.

I think their a good investment, goodluck with your choice.

They are good helmets - infact, they make alot of the helmets for other companies that charge $300+!!!!

I have the AC-X2 and love it.

It's not a Shoei in comfort, but it's VERY nice. It's not as light as a few helmets (but it is VERY light) but it's only an ounce or two off. It's not as flashy as it's an HJC, not a Shoei or Troy Lee or Fox, but it's certified just as good as any of them, SNELL 2000, ANSI, and it's a GREAT buy. I've never had any issues with my helmet, and I've used my HJC's alot! :cry:

I also have the $75 helmet and its actually surprisingly comfortable. I love it. Its only dot approved so ive considered getting a snell but i would definately get another HJC. I tried the KBC and it didnt seem as comfortable for the el cheapo helmet. Of course ive been told you get what you pay for with a helmet, i have yet to find out. Two thumbs on HJC.

I like mine alot. It's had some incidents, one in particular... and it has held up perfect. There are minor scratches on them but it still looks really nice.

I have crash tested two, saved my butt both times. I have no problems in buying another. In both cases the shells held up fine, it was the inner foam that showed signs of compression and cracking. Both where high speed get offs and the helmets did the job that they where made for.

When I first started riding again I bought a HJC helmet which I still have. I have since bought a Thor Pro Circuit (which is made by HJC I believe) and just recently a Troy Lee Ryno replica. I feel that HJCs are excellent bang for the buck! :cry:

I have an AC-X2 shifter and love it. Very light and great for the money ($140 brand new off ebay). However, if you're picky about aesthetics, the paint chipped slightly under one of the warning labels I pulled off it when I first got it.

I have a blue HJC AC-X2 Chromium. I've crashed hard at least ten times (on rocky terrain) and my helmet shows no serious chips anywhere. The Chromium hoolds up better than the other paint job imo. Its also very comfortable. More and more factory riders are switching to HJC Helmets. Broc Hepler went from the legendary SHOEI helmet company to HJC before the start of the '05 season.

I have to agree with all of the above. I didn't expect much for the money, but I needed a quick replacement and that was the only one in my size at the shop. That was my lucky day, it is by far the best helmet I have worn. Fortunately I haven't tested this one.

Fit and comfort are good. The whole family has them.They are a hell of alot better than the crap helmets I slammed into the ground in the 60's and 70's. And they worked just fine.Some of the helmets are Snell approved all are DOT. :)