? on big bore kits

theres not much difference between all the 88 bore kits out there, except once you start looking at the heads. theres probably not a huge difference between the 81/88 kits in terms of power. from 70 to 88 there would be quite a difference though. reliability wise they would all be just as reliable as the stock honda top end. hondatrailbikes.com has the best prices and from what everyones says great customer service as well, although i have never delt with them, good luck ?

In the long run a 88 kit is the best buy. (the TB is the cheapest, they are awsome parts). One good thing about a 88 is, if you ever want more power there are many, many heads out there to choose from. Not many heads out there will work with a 82cc big bore kit.

TB makes a kit with a head and a kit with out a head. The aftermarket heads have bigger valves and better/bigger ports that flow better and make a little more power.

The takewaga R stage is takewagas 88 with an aftermarket head

The takwaga 88 s stage is a takewaga 88 kit that uses the stock head.

Let us know how much money you want to spend and how much more power you want. If you want a lot more power and have a pretty meand little bike the TB 88 with head is the best bang for you buck ($400 for the head, cam, cylinder, pison, carb, etc). The Kitaco 88 SE head is the best kit out there for performance (but that is over a grand with out a carb)

If you want to just wake your bike up a little bit the TB 88 stock head is the the best way to go ($275 for the cylinder, piston, cam, carb, etc)

Once again, let us know how much you want to spend, what kinda of power you are looking for and what kind of riding you are going to be doing. We will steer you in the right derection.

well i ended up buying a 03 xr 50 with tb 88 kit, tb pipe, applied front end, i shock, and a host of other mods for 1400, its in awsome shape to! But the guy told me he did not put the high flow oil pump on it...... funny cuz i was talking to my buddy at the yamaha dealer today and another worker said hey i got one........ 10 bucks! so i grabbed it and ran........... now to install the damn thing! Thanks for all the help!