Sign in to follow this  

Spring Help Again

I just searched the forums for my question, and there seems to be a little disgreement in what size spring to get for my 01 WR426. I weigh 205 and it seems I should take about a 5.6kg spring, but a lot of TTr's are saying not to go by the Racetech chart and go a little stiffer with the 5.8kg. What is better, to get one a little too soft or a little too hard? I do mostly trail riding but love to do big jumps with my kids. Also which makes the bigger difference, changing the front spring or the rear? Do you have to do both at the same time? Thanks for any help.

Hi,

first of all.....to balance your suspension, you have to have for sure the correct springs in the front and in the rear!!!

....next, you want to go trail riding AND doing big jumps!.....well, thats` difficult to achieve with one set of suspension!!!!!....I recommend going with the slightly stiffer spring, because when running a little less sag as recommended (I run always around 90-95mm) the bike turns better and has a more solid feel.......and a stiffer spring favors this set up!!!...But..well.....thats` a matter of personal taste and I like it that way......what doesn`t mean, that you like it also!!!!

Suspension is all about try and error!!!