Sign in to follow this  

Dealer sticking it to me!!!

OK, I bought my bike from another dealer out of my home area. Only because my local dealer didn't have one in stock. Anyway, I have bought several parts for both of my Hondas from my local dealer. But today I went in to buy some shims for my intake valves. He must have seen me coming or something. I ended up paying 9.00 for 1 shim. Isn't that above list price? He didn't have the other shim I needed in stock, he said he could order it. I told him I could order it also, a whole set of 'em. This is on top of the 12.00 he charges me for OEM filters. So, does anyone know of anyone in the midwest that sell OEM parts reasonable? :cry:

Find the actual retail price, and ask the dealer why he is overcharging. Then vote with your wallet.

I've used servicehonda before. My local honda dealer sounds like yours. He never has any parts in stock, charges too much and basically any of the parts people don't seem to know too much.

The only thing about servicehonda is it seems to take a long time to get my parts. You just have to plan ahead, it's still better than getting riped off by the dealer though.

Have a link to that one?

Lot's of shim kits available from Hot Cams starting right about here. Seems like a reasonable price for what you get.