KLX300 Suspension Settings

Sup guys, is there anyone out there whos 6'2" 250? I am trying to figure out where i should set the suspension on my KLX300. I am going to get new springs, but that is when I get the money. For now, i was just wondering where to set the compression/rebound/preload on the forks and shock. (also fork oil level, and how to kno what level its at) Anyone with any tips, please leave 'em. I looked at the KLX planet thing about suspension, but it is for 185lbs. thanks

Sup guys, is there anyone out there whos 6'2" 250? I am trying to figure out where i should set the suspension on my KLX300. I am going to get new springs, but that is when I get the money.

just accept the fact that your suspension is going to suck. the fork springs are too light even for a 160 lb rider. if i were you, i would get fork springs first thing.

I agree. There's no way to make the suspension work even half way correctly if you're 250 with stock springs.

Bill:

Wouldn't using the stock springs just be an extreme application of ESP's philosophy of lite spring, heavy valving? ?

No reply required.............ha ha ha!

Ride on

Brewster

Bruce, yeah, that just might work if you fill the forks to within 1/4" of the top of the leg. Actually, Larry just put in another inch of oil in his forks per the local shops service manager. He definately likes it better - until he's got the cash to get his done right. (Valves first.) Actually he ticks me off cause he's still faster with the crappy stock suspension than I am with the trick suspension and stabilizer. Jerk! ?

Until you get it revalved and re-sprung, like mentioned above some extra oil will help along with changing oil wt. maybe go to 10 or 15 wt, oil in the forks, it will slow the action down and act like it's stiffer but hard to make up for your extra weight without adding some $$. Borsy