Sign in to follow this  

suspension advice

i have a crf250r and was considering having the suspension on it redone or modified. have had no problems [bad handling et.] as to date. i have been reading some articles and they have said that this modification is better than putting on an aftermarket exhaust. :cry: any feedback is appreciated.

best money you will spend on the bike is to get your suspension sorted,i have the 04 and race outdoors,stock valving i struggled with but after getting it revalved its a different bike,thes bikes are quick enough unless you are pro or something

You can always send it to like procicuit or race tech or whatever suspension shops but i'm sure if you checked around someone in your area would know how to do it. A local pro or something.. I had a local guy install racetech on mind did a great job.. Can get all there specs online or they have great customer serivce i'm sure

I guess it depends upon what you do with your bike. If you just play around on the trails, etc. leaving the suspension as is may be just fine. When I had my 450 done, it seemed as if I gained like 8-10mm more travel with the upper portion of the fork stroke feeling very smooth - way different than stock.

The objective w/ suspension in MX (and any faster use of the bike) is to use every mm of travel at some point on the track.

I don't know if that made an sense, but... :)

all the mag reviews had high regards for the stock suspension---takes some time to tune with existing adjustments & an understanding of what each one does in respect to your track---is helpfull to have someone experienced in tuning watch you ride---