Sign in to follow this  

Kick install on DRZ400E

Hi,

I'm in the process of installing a kick start on my 2003 drz 400e. As I got everything back together I found the kick lever came to rest either on the exhaust heat shield or on the gas tank. I pulled everthing back off and I don't see that I messed anything up. Is this the way it is?

Part 2 of my question is in regard to the decompression setup. When I had the bike in for its first service and had the bike gone over the mechanic told me I wouldn't have to install the decompression portion of the kit on this bike. I'm guessing that this is incorrect and only applies to the 400s

Thanks

You can put the decompression set up on an E fairly easily, the S on the other hand would take some machining on the head to set it up. If you are using the stock cams then no the auto decomp on the exhaust cam will do the trick. If you had hot cams exhaust cam then you may want to install it.

Hi,

The Price ?? It was a gift but I think it was around $300.00 Canadian.

Can Anybody tell me about the kick lever position (laying against the exhaust heat shield or the gas tank???

Thanks

I tought the lever should fit in that nice indented area of the heat shield . Disassembly and checking showed all was assembled correctly . Contact on the front of the indent of the shield is about 4mm. Guess I'll have to contact Suzuki. Problem suggests the machine work on the kick starter shaft was sloppy .

Thanks

I have a 3.2 gal IMS tank on my S model. The kick starter either hits the fuel tank or if I rotate one spline it hits the frame and won't fold in out of the way when not in use.

I decided to slip a piece of hose over the end of the lever to protect the tank from rubbing