Sign in to follow this  

Who to bore my 440 kit

Who is good that ya'll have used to bore an XR400 cylinder and sleeve it and everything needed to put in the 440 kit..... I'm just shopping around for prices, I talked to LA sleeve they want $155 but have a three week turn around, XR's only wants $140 and only takes a week.... and barum racing isn't returning my calls....

I think I'm probably going with XR's only, so if anyone has any experience with their machine shop, or any other please let me know... thanks in advance

Chris

You might check with Gary Hazel at Thumper Racing (903-938-0570) he and Russel are really knowledgable on the Xr400 and what you can and cannot feasably do with one. That is who I would recommend. :)

Gary at Thumper Racing is a really safe bet. He's been doing it for a long time. There others that can do it, but Thumper Racing is the real deal...

RH

I have built several xr300s and am thinking of building another one. This time around I am going to use northwest sleeve to sleeve it for me. I believe the quality of their sleeves are higher than others out there (better iron - check out their website - www.nwsleeve.com) They have a sleeve available for the 440 kit.

- jeff

The stock head is fine.

I have the 440 kit. My head is stock. But i do have a performance cam.