Stolen!!! '04 Crf 250x

Hi Guys...

Today on Friday February 11, 2005 at approximately 1300hrs, my garage was broken into and my '04 CRF 250X was stolen. Locks cut, bike gone, made a mess of oil/stuffs in my driveway. I was out of the house for less than 45mins to grab some lunch, and I came back and WA BAM! I live in La Mesa, CA (San Diego). The bike itself will appear rather stock (because it is), but there are Thumpertalk fender decals on the front, Scott stickers on both sides of the rear fender, Acerbes (Red) Handguards in the front, and a Hodads OB.CA (burger joint) sticker on the rear fender. Most likely these will all be taken off, but be on the lookout regardless. There are some scratches on the front fender, and on both side numberplates from minor use.

The moral of the story is this...when you are out riding, do a fellow TT'er a favor and keep a lookout for his lost joy. Also, tell your friends/riding buddies/etc. If you see it, let the proper authorities know. As for me, I feel like going to BIG 5, purchasing a 12gauge and parking my happy self out in Ocotillo Wells until I can find some bike theives, and see how happy they are when their head is missing.

Much Thanks for all the help TT has been to me over the (almost) year.

~Jeff Swanson

(619) 279-7753 cell

P.S. If admin would sticky this for awhile I would greatly appreciate it. ?????:devil::devil::D:D:mad::mad::D:D

Sorry about your bike. I went to buy a bike about 6 months ago I never bring money with me, so I can go home an run vin numbers.the bike was 3 years old and in mint condition. To good to be true the bike was hot I called the police they took the bike and it went back to the original owner. the good thing was the bike was stolen two and a half years ago And was in good shape . The owner probably forgot about the bike but I'm shore he had a smile when he saw his bike again.

Ill keep a look out never know post vin numbers. good luck on finding your bike.

RE: MIKE...

Yes, I've been to all the neighbors (2 ex cops even) and they've seen nothing. My mother recalls driving past my place the other day, and noticing a strange man sitting across the street (tall, blonde hair, goatee) in a black pickup truck (she thinks) no LIC plate. That's as much as I have atm. My gf is a sheriff's deputy, and she has tagged the VIN # into the NCIC and the local system used by SDCSD out in Ocotillo Wells. I'm still waiting on word from the insurance people, to see how much they are going to refund (I still owe about 2000 on it ? ) Still waiting on La Mesa's finest to show up and tell me that they aren't going to do anything and file a police rpt.

~Thanks

Jeff

Welcome to the club.......I had my 05 CRF450 and my sons RM85 both stolen out of the bed of my truck where they were locked in the night of the SF SX. My bike was only 3 months old and had 12 hrs. on it. Your insurance won't do a thing for you for about a month-they wait to see if it gets recovered. I am on week two. I hope you had insurance on the bike and are not relying on homeowners, becuase homeowners WILL NOT COVER IT! Basically if it is a vehicle with a VIN you need vehicle insurance.

Sorry, I know all to well how you feel. Here is my story:

stolen bikes from NorCal

I hate to heard this stuff. But you were only gone for 45 mins in the middle of the day....could it have been a neighbor? Or someone who knows what you have in your garage and saw you leave? Obviously you would know better than me, but sometimes you just can't trust anyone. ?