Sign in to follow this  

urgent i need to know now

ok i normally wouldnt ask such a question but, i cant find anything open right now for oil my bike has 2.5 hours on it, its a 2005 yz250f and i know u can go longer but since its new nd i havent changed the oil yet im worried theres gunna be too much crap(debris) in the oil nd i will damage the engine im jus wondering do u think i cud get maybe 2 more hours outta it cause i really dont want to miss this ride tomorrow morning

Depends on how you rode it with the exisiting time on it.

Remember, oil is the lifeblood of a thumper. Surely, there is a Wally World, or something where you can pick up some oil from.

1st time i rode itwith pretty low rpm for 1 hour and a half , and the 2nd time i didnt go past 3/4 for about 1 hour

If it was mine, and it was brand new with the factory oil fill, I would change the oil and put a new filter in it. The filter would be a Scotts Stainless, too. That's what I would do.

There's no reason to miss the ride over getting that done. It's an easy job. :cry:

haha im being really annoying about this but wud it do ny harm theres no way i can get oil i have no ride nywhere till the morning and we are leaving well b4 ny shops open

Since your bike only has 2.5 hours on it, YOU WILL BE OK for another ride before changing your oil.

this is the VERY MOST CRITICAL TIME to change the oil.

"what we do now echoes in eternity" -- these were Gladiator's very words regarding changing your oil frequently during break-in.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

this is the VERY MOST CRITICAL TIME to change the oil.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

lol i know that wrooster. if your in a pinch like him, i would suggest just waiting until you could get some oil but the kid sounded so desperate!

:)

lol i know that wrooster. if your in a pinch like him, i would suggest just waiting until you could get some oil but the kid sounded so desperate!

:)

Like most kids his age, asking for advice will turn out to be something he occupies himself with before he does what he wants to do anyway, in spite of what we advise him. Most likely. :)

If he's that desperate, he can figure out how to get it done.

If you are stranded right now with no way to go, I'd at least stop on the way to ride and get some oil (w/o friction modifiers). Wal-Mart usually carries Shell Rotella, both dino (15w40) and synthetic (5w40), as would any truck stop, and probably some gas stations. That is what I run in mine, and is a good oil. Take something to drain the oil into and AT LEAST change the oil. It would be much better if you could change the filter as well and check the frame strainer thing (that never seems to have anything in it, but you never can tell what may be in there from mfg.).

Sure, it may be fine if you don't............by why risk it on such a high strung expensive bike? :)

I second the Scott's stainless filter.........saves you money and you will never be "without one" again. :)