baseline measurement for 03 CRF 450

I am looking for some baseline numbers, as for clicks out, for my 03 450. I am 195-200 depending on the day. I ride Vet intermediate MX. Suspension is stock. Once I get an idea of the base line numbers it will make it easier to tune. It handles everything good except I feel the the front end drops in the whoops. After market work is out of my financial reach for now, so any help would be appreciated.

At your wieght you really need stiffer fork springs. .49's would do wonders for ya. You can get them for about 90 bucks. So its not going to break ya...

At that point, with an oil level at 380cc, Id start the compression clickers at 7 and the rebound at 10 on the fork. The rear I run mine at 5 low, high at 1.625 out and the rebound at 10 or 11 depending on where im at. Also, Im your same wieght and run the stock spring in the rear.

Good luck.

If your not going to do the springs, you should probably run the clickers at 4-5 on the compression, but its going to be kinda nasty...You could add some oil to the outer chamber (15-20cc's) and possibly get away with 6 on the clicker. But it'll be kinda harsh in the smaller stuff... ?

Also, if the front end is dropping inbetween the whoops, back out on the fork rebound. Thsis will let the forks extend quicker and let them "reach out" for the peak of the next whoop preventing the front end from dropping inbetween them.

There is a fine line to dance, because if we run the rebound too fast, the bike will have a tendency to wash out in the flat turns and walk out of the rutted turns.

Take Care, John