Sign in to follow this  

rm 250 02 mod 2 stroke

forum whent down i lost all info ???

hmm i need help on my bike

got bike last week end kicks over fine but runs like crap no powerband ... spec off my bike is rm 250 02 mod 2 stroke .. pipe fmf fatty with fmf back box dont know what i can doo or what i can doo to make it run faster like with powerband to kick in soo fast !!!! :cry:

I have an 02 rm250 I think its the power valves. Take off the side power valve cover there is a little white clip that holds a thin rod to your power valve that opens your exhaust ports when under a load. If that clip was not installed correctly or broke, your bike will be a turd. Also I have seen some power valves that were so gummed up they would not open properly and that =turd. Check them 2 things if that dont work private message me I will give you a few other ideas.

i looked at the white clip with the rod i think its on right but ... the other side there is a dial with 2 screws i opend it and a spring poped out ?? then under that at the side off it there is a other case with a round thing with a dail left ... then right to the other side off bike dont know what they doo ill have to get myself a manual to this bike i think lol

If the white clip and rod is attached. Start up the bike and rev it up over 5000 RPM..The rod should move down at high rev's... If not.. The lower acquator arm is worn out or broken.. Common to the 2002's

if it is borke or worn will it cost much....£££ ..to get it fixed ... or is the bike a dead one oh if i rev it how can i see coz i have a fmf fatty pipe there and the other side there a little thing that got a spring inside ???wich way i turn it ????

Put the pipe back on the bike, but leave the cover off of the right side and watch the rod without the cover on. The lower actuator is only about $50 Bucks.. The little spring closes your power vlaves.. I think you need to turn it one complete turn. I backed mine down to 7/8 if I recall. Hit a bit harder! There is an arrow telling you which way to turn it. I think it is clockwise. Good luck

shurshot

i took the cover off the arm that conectes to the rod it should be facein up so when i rev it the rod moves down ?.. thats if i understod what you said ... shurshot .. how do i know how much to turn the dail for the valve the more i turn the dail the rod gets harder to move down is it depens how fast i like the powerband to kick in ??? .......