Sign in to follow this  

Vor 450

This Is Going To Sound Stupid But,How Do You All Start Yours?

I've Tried Til I've Nearly Collapsed Kicking It!

Push The Button And It'll Start On The 2nd Or 3rd Go When Cold.

Is There A Way Of Doing It?

My Bike Isnt Yet Fully Run-in Yet,As Its Tight Still,Will This Make Any Difference? :cry:

I use the button as I'm a short ass. and this is how i was told to start it and it works every time(usually only need to do this when its cold)

pull choke out

hold decomp lever half in then press button, you will feel the decomp lever pull in further by itself, let go of the decomp lever just after this and she fires up, then turn choke off (sometimes don't even need choke when cold)

as you may have noticed without using the decomp lever sometimes the bike struggles to even turn over let alone fire up when cold)

(was told that the auto decomp is only for the kick start and you need to use the manual one for the electric start)

As for kicking it Ive tried that once and it fired up on the 4th kick but on the first 3 the kick lever stayed down past the foot peg and didn't sound good>

mines got 22 hours on it so not sure if it would be still tight.

Luke

I have a 2002 VOR 530 EN....I just got it a few days/weeks ago....

I always try to kick start it...and it will fire right up in one or 2 kicks....just use a full and smooth kick....not a short/sharp or snappy kick like 2 stroke bike...

the estarter will fire it right up....but I choose to preserve the battery and only use the estarter when needed pepending on circumstances during the bikes use ( when kick starting may not be the safest/best option).....

the nice thing about the VOR is that you have both kick and estart options...not just a button.....but I like to use the battery sparingly....just in case... :)

I have ENE 530 cold can't definatly say that running in makes it easier or I have gotten closer to figuring it out. When cold starting leave the fuel off (usally turn it off the last time I ride it) pump the throttle twice, no choke no throttle. Wind it up to top dead centre, not past like you would on most other thumpers (make sure the auto decompressor is adjusted like the manual says :) ). It usally cranks up on the secound or third kick remeber to turn the fuel on before you ride off. If during a cold start it runs for a bit then stops another pump of the throttle is required. Hot starts same procedure except only use one pump of the throttle.

If you are going to let the bike sit for a few weeks fill it up with fuel (prefably 98 ron) and then ethier run the fuel bowl dry by turning the fuel off a couple hundered meters before you park it up or drain it. The smaller the volume of fuel the faster it goes off so when you come back you will have to turn the fuel on but it will at least be realtivly good. Alternatively and even the owners manual suggests this is crank it over on the starter or kick it while holding the decompessor in to feed the crook fuel through the system. Well thats what works for me athough its summer here at the moment where it was a lazy 42 celcius winter might require a few other ideas.

I have an '02 450 V-Cross that I got from CJVor... this bike needs to be kick started when cold. Starts very easily 1st or 2nd kick with choke on at elevations below 3000'. Above 3000', starts easy with no choke. Electric starter only works when bike is warm, which is ok by me. Just need to feather the decompression lever when using the E-start. I love this bike!!

I just push the kick start over until you hear the de-comp make the loud "snap" (it make less loud clicks then "SNAP". Then let the kick start up to the top of its stroke and give it a full stroke and mine usually lights right off first or second time. (Choke when cold..no choke hot) Then let it warm up for a minute or so with the choke on before riding.

On my 2001 503 VOr I only have a kick starter, so.

Cold. Open fuel, with decompressor pump 2 times, put it over compression and push long & smooth. Runs, dont touch the throttle untill it t¡runs for about 10 seconds. NO choke at all.

warm. Close fuel, 1 long kick wit a bit of throttle. If the engine stalled after f.ex. going down, close fuel, with decompressor (mannual) and open throttle fluish the engine.

Put it over compression and with 1/3 of throttle long push.

It can be a bit of a bitch after stalling and falling over, important is to keep in mind that you have to evaporate the gasses in the cilinder, most probably some gasoline has entered the engine, this must get out without fouling your plug. keep cool, wait for a few minutes if necesarry and repat. Keeping up linking the ass out of you will only get you exhausted but will not start the engine. Use your head not your muscle power.

On my 2000 MX503 I just make sure that the lever is at the top of the stroke so the auto decomp is engaged, 1 smooth push to bottom and it usually fires. This bike has always been a little lean on the pilot and starter jets so sometimes I have to use the choke to get it to start in one kick.

With my 2004 VMX530 I just hit that little black button thingy on the handlebar and if fires right up :) It starts easily with the kick starter too but I almost never use it :)

I start my 2002 450 by kicking in flip flop sandals or crocs!

Check always valve clearance and automatic decompressor setting

Use also manual decomp to pass the compression point and then push it

I start my 2002 450 by kicking in flip flop sandals or crocs!

Check always valve clearance and automatic decompressor setting

Use also manual decomp to pass the compression point and then push it

Sandals? Sounds about right. Good deal posting in a dead thread.