Sign in to follow this  

Need picture of shaved seat

I'm trying to convince my brother to let me shave his seat on his CRF250R, he is a little vertically challenged and I think it would help a ton to take about an 1 1/2 off of his seat. So I need a photo to show him what it will look like. Thanks in advance.

I just did the seat on my xr250. Here is a link to some photos I took. I shaved 1.5" at the deepest part, and i added a buttstop at the rear.

i shaved the seat on my KX125...umm... i really dont know why... I think it was because i Thought i would be doing can cans 2 months after i started riding... :)

Well in april I will have been riding mx for a full year! woot! Still havnt gotten the can can... maybe this weekend :) If i do I'll have pics 4 shure

anyways, lemme go run and take some pictures... i shaved it as far as i could, and left it high in the very back for more grip when doing a 12 o clock wheelie :p

motoxrider969

Do you have any pictures of the finished product? Also I would like to know how you stapled the seat cover down with a non-powered stapler, I just replaced a seat cover on one of our other bikes and I tried an electric stapler and a cordless 18volt stapler and they both sucked. I finally ordered a porter cable upholstery stapler and it worked like a charm, it has become my new favorite tool.

consider taking a little off the subframe......................RC does it, and some ktm riders. cut weld

consider taking a little off the subframe......................RC does it, and some ktm riders. cut weld

Thats actually not as good of an idea as it sounds.

It'd be safer just to take some foam out of the seat.