Sign in to follow this  

Dual sport tires on 17inch Rims?

Does anyone know some good dual sport (50 dirt/ 50 street) tires i can put on my 17inch rims on my DRZ400S?

:)

Rear is not a problem. Don't know of anything for the front.

Like Noble mentioned we can hook you up with so much traction on the rear you won't be able to handle it. Terra Flex makes a 17 incher. Nothing for the front though. I can't think of anything in a 17 you could use with that monster rear. I'm sorry but it's not a common knobby size for front ends. prairiedawg :)

Has anyone ever put a 19 inch x 3.5 inch front rim with a TT style class "C" tire, to go with a 4.5 inch motard-style rear rim, that seems like a good all-round compromise. I know that used to be the standard for most flat-track & TT bikes. I was thinking of trying this setup, I would think that there would a reasonable selection for a goodyear class "C" tire that would work. A 19 inch front wheel would keep the front end height low as well.

Lazyracer

Redlands, CA

DRZ400S in dirt metamorphosis

You could leave the stock 18 on the rear and build a front 19, all kinds of tire options there!!!! From dirt track to full on street tires. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By smokey9lives
      Hi,
      I have a 2003 DRZ (actually a KLX400) and the head tube bearings are shot.  I ordered a new set to install but I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on other parts I should replace while I have the front disassembled.  I was thinking about new rubber fork protectors, but are there other things that wear out on the DRZ front ends that you can only get to when disassambled?
      I also broke off a replacement key that I got for the steering lock.  I must have been made of cheap pot-metal.  Should I just remove the whole lock mechanism?
      Any tips or tricks for getting the old bearings out and the new ones in would be welcome!
      Thanks!
    • By antonyp
      Hey Guys,
      I recently bought a 2003 DRZ400S and thought it would be a good idea to check the valves clearance etc . I timed the engine on TDC with the magneto mark aligned as per the manual but I find the cam timing slightly odd. The arrows pointing upward are on the 1st and 15th pin as they should but with the magneto timing mark aligned they are not perfectly straight. Same goes for the arrows that should be parallel to the cylinder head casing. Is this normal or should they be absolutely perfect ?

• By 4strokeOnly
      My bike was stolen, so I'm liquidating my spare parts. 
      I took this off my S and replaced it with an SM unit so my speed would be more accurate with the street wheel setup.  I no longer need this spare.  I greased it regularly and it was in good working order when I removed it.  Included is only what is pictured.  Cable not included.
      Suzuki part number:  54600-29F00
      buyer pays shipping.