New to Georgia

Tony, North GA is where the place to be is. (where is Fairmount?) We always ride up in the NOrth GA mtns...lotsa forest svc roads to get lost on. How do you ride? Dirt? Aggressive or laid back? We typically mix up mostly dirt with some street too. We can get a bit aggressive but really we just like to go have some fun and not get killed. Our women like us in one piece, what can I say? ?

hey flux, fairmount is in gordon county where 411/53 meet up. it is in between calhoun and jasper. I sometimes go that route when we meet up for some riding. I believe tony has the E model but surely he can ride behind the falls where we seen the quads close to the crash site, wouldn't you think?

Tony, North GA is where the place to be is. (where is Fairmount?) We always ride up in the NOrth GA mtns...lotsa forest svc roads to get lost on. How do you ride? Dirt? Aggressive or laid back? We typically mix up mostly dirt with some street too. We can get a bit aggressive but really we just like to go have some fun and not get killed. Our women like us in one piece, what can I say? ?

I ride dirt only,and more of a laid back come home in 1 piece, my aggresive days on a bike are done,when you have children and wife to feed,you just dont take the risks you did when you were young,dumb, and full of you know what ? Besides that I injured my knee last year and have trouble planting it on the ground, Although I can get aggresive if the conditions ask for it, sometimes thats the only way to get through some terrain. Sounds like we ride pretty much the same. ?

yo flux

I am fairly new to atl (live on south side), and have been riding durhamtown, motocross cc.

want to ride n ga, but do not want to spend forever figuring out where the best places are. without killing myself, or the bike, what are the best places????

i ride fairly aggressive, but do not want to spend all day falling and kickstarting - single track, nice terrain......would be good

I LOVE dp, best is when a bunch from georgiaoffroad meet up and drag the owner (mike) out onto the trails, he gives and EXCELLENT trailride on the property where you normally cant go, 15-20 guys dicing almost virgin trails is great.

also love SETRA, www.setra.org but the classes are dorked up (they dont promote from C to B like they should) I'm a very slow rider, dead last vet-c every race, but I dont go to place or points, I go to trailride at a nice pace

you can ride heavy/light trail, start out in the back, it's pretty fun, I do it to trailride places I never would be able to ride, without SETRA. Someday I may get serious, but setra has too many sandbaggers right now (top 12 vet C run vet B and better times!)

TonyV Welcome to GA. I ride every Saturday and race most Sundays. Durhamtown is great and in Calhoun at exit 320 on I-75 you have Diamondback. www.diamondbacksportscenter.com I am racing a Hare Scramble at D'back this Sun. and they have MX as well. My favorite place just opened in Nov. and it is The Ridge in AL. www.ridgeriding.com You also have Kentuck in AL, just over the state line and it is great as well, but closed for winter, until April 1st. Houston Valley is about 30 min. from you and it has some great trails. Good luck ?

I live in Ringgold which is about 30 minutes from Calhoun. If you like trails there is Peoples lake at the bottom of Ft. mountain in Chatsworth, windy gap in Eton about 5 mile from Chatsworth, and Houston valley here in Ringgold. It cost $5, the other two are free. All are Goverment ATV trails and kept up pretty well.