Sign in to follow this  

Yipppeeeeeee!

I came home with a new '05WR250 today!! :) I can't WAIT to get it out on the trails!!!!

I have to say that even though the bike weighs 256 lbs with a full tank, moving it around and loading it up didn't intimidate me at all. It just doesn't "feel" that heavy.

The seat is slightly narrower than my KX100 so I can almost get the balls of my feet on the ground. I'm sure, after the suspension settles, I'll be able to get more of my feet down and I was surprised that it felt shorter than a CRF250X.

Its even quieter than my KX100!! I'm sure my neighbors will really appreciate that!

I think my first upgrade is going to be the fuel screw; I can't believe how flimsy it feels.

I feel like a grown-up now! :p

Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy! :)

BRAT!!!

Just kidding. LOL! Congrats on the new bike. Please do tell me more and more when you get to ride. Considering this and just waiting on poor Dennis's foot to heel enough to let me test ride his bike. Right now I am having serious withdrawel. My XT is sick and I have been wrenching way more than riding :)

What did you end up paying out the door if you don't mind sharing.

Have a great time!

LOL! I beat you! Nanny, nanny boo boo! :)

well, I didn't get a great deal and I know there are better deals out there but I called EVERY single shop in the DC area and only ONE had it in stock; and they wanted a BOATLOAD for it - more than $6,000! :) . The shop that I ended up getting it from drove up to PA to pick it up and I paid $5700 for it. So, not bad but not great either. With Yamaha's "deal" going on right now, I did the $39/month thing for 24 months and by then I'll be able to pay the leftover off that I didn't put down today.

Congratulations!!! I too was excited at riding a "BigBoys" bike after riding my TTR125 for over a year. I thought my husband's KX250 was heavy, but my CRF weighs the same as yours. Have a great time!! :)

SusanE

Thanks! Yeah, now I have to get a real stand since I don't think my kid's Fisher Price workbench that I use for the KX is going to cut it for the WR. :)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Kichi, kichi coooo.....new bikes are always so cute, aren't they!!!!!!!

:D:):):p:D

peace,

janette

Congratulations! :)

Upgrading is a confidence builder because you realize that you can ride that bigger bike with more power! :):p

Have fun, be safe!

Brenda

You did beat me. :)

SHeesh Dennis is going to be milking this foot break thing forever. LOL!

And then I have Joe who asks when I am going to be getting my CRF.

I don't think I'll be too far behind. BRAT!

Keep me updated on how you like it OK. :)

Well, I signed on just to see if it was true. My brother in-law JRambo426 told me he read that you got a WR250F. I am so stoked for you. You are going to love the bike. My husband has one and they really scream. Off of the showroom floor they don't feel very gutsy, but change out the throttle stop, disconnect the grey wire, open up the exhaust and re-jet and that bike just plain rips!!! :) Their is so much info on the YZ/WR250F section. There is a facts page too on TT that is awesome. You can read up on your baby. I know that bike in and out, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Definity change out that throttle stop and that bike revs like a 2 stroke. Anyway, congrats again and let me know how that first ride goes. :)

Hey thanks, ladies!

I should be getting my first ride in today so we'll see if I come back dead or alive :D I am SOOOO excited!!

I researched this whole bike thing to death so I'm sure I've made the right decision. I just hope I don't scare the poop out of myself today. :):p I'll get used to riding it "corked" up and start doing the "free mods" on an as needed basis. With all the room to grow and develop skills, this bike should last a very long time. :)

Congrats!!!!

Great bike, you're going to love it!

Enjoy it and let us know how that first ride goes??????

Wow! What a ride! Talk about mud city! :D

All I can say is THANK GOD for the happy button!!!!!

I ate it AT LEAST 10 times! :)

Lesson #1 check tire PSI before heading out. Too much air makes for some interesting wash-outs!

Lesson #2 Its ok to dangle feet on slow terrain to stay upright (I wish I had known THAT at the beginning of the ride, not the end :) )

So, I am Soooooo glad for the extra power! What a huge difference! I'm still scared to death of short, steep hills though for fear of not making it up but the power is all there when I need it. I have to learn to trust the bike.

No doubt, this bike is really heavy. Moving it around is fine but picking it up off the ground is a whooooolllle 'nother story. All I can say is that if the guys that I rode with didn't help me out and then show how to get through the mud, I'd be spending the night in the woods!

A couple of things that I'll need to get used to are the physical size of the bike, compared to the KX100 I was riding; and the steering.

I'm used to maneuvering the KX100 in tight woods like its a bicycle but the WR250 is so much heavier that I'm better off just plowing through stuff. Oh and its sooo nice not worrying about stalling!!! THis bike is flat out AWESOME in slow speeds!!!

The steering is weird to me for some reason. It feels really tight or something. I can't put a finger on it but its not smooth and when I would barely turn, the front wheel would jack knife and....plop.... down I'd go. One fall I had, I was up to my knees in mud!! And again, THANK GOD for that e-button!! That really is a life saver!!

I felt really bad for the guys I was riding with b/c they wanted to fly and with all the falling I was doing, I really held them up.Most of them went ahead and took off for a while then we met back up again but after someone told me to put my feet down, things went much better and I made it through the sections that I had fallen in before.

Here are a couple of before and after pics. Poor bike, what a rotten way to break it in. :p

http://photobucket.com/albums/v470/Kpicha/?action=view&current=NewBike001.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v470/Kpicha/?action=view&current=NewBike002.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v470/Kpicha/?action=view&current=MuddyDay2.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v470/Kpicha/?action=view&current=MuddyDay.jpg

Well, three outta the four pics worked....but....

THE SMILE on your face in the one muddy pic that worked is OUTSTANDING!!!

WOW, wish I coulda been there just to see the smile in person, you looked like you had a great time!!!

Thanks for the pics

:):)

Ha, ha, oops, I fixed it now. :)

Ya, thanks, despite the constant falling, by the time I was starting to get through the mud w/o falling for a change, I was really having a great time!!

I am sooo sore right now; so you know it had to be a good ride then, right? :)

Wow, you did find some mud!!! Looks like you had a blast...with that big grin. :) Give yourself sometime to get used to the bike and break in the suspension. Once it is broken in you may need to adjust it. That can make a huge difference in handling.

It was funny. The first time I went out on the KTM I was so excited that I didn't check my tire pressure or the suspension. The bike handled weird, but I thought it was just because I wasn't used to it. I was falling left and right. I went back to the staging area and checked everything. The back tire had 30 PSI, and the front had 9 PSI. The front compression was cranked to the hardest and the rear was the softest. :) I adjusted everything it was like a different bike. It handled great. It is amazing how much suspension and tire pressure do.